Sheldon Rankins makes presence felt in practice (1 Viewer)

He might get 35% of snaps but it will be because he's not in football shape.

About what I'm expecting and on average we're looking at about 50ish snaps so hovering in the 15-18 area maybe higher maybe lower.

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif
Thanks bro

The best thing about this is depth. We have good corners and a good dine but the depth shows around the middle of the 3rd quarter every week. With Sheldon on, idk, 2nd and 3rd down packages or something and having 2 cb's come back that are actually our better ones makes all the depth that much better. We can last longer and become more consistent. Not to mention getting more sacks and hurries, which leads to more interceptions. I don't want him out there all the time but if he's there at all I'm thinking he won't have to be right?

I wasn't implying that we've been horrible at corner. I've been impressed with what a bunch of backups have been able to do. But you've got to admit, adding Breaux to the mix will drastically improve our secondary. We've lost P.J. and Swann this season, so we need all the help we can get at corner.

I think when we get Sheldon and Breaux back, our defense will be much closer to what we all envisioned it to be at training camp.

Having Moore back is huge also. Breaux, Moore, and Rankins... thats some juice to add to a defense that has greatly improved over the first seven games... im pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was watching NFL channel a little while ago, they don't give us a chance, said Kaepernic is going to have a big day against us running. I guess they don't know we'll have Rankins, Breaux and Moore back. Sure wish we had Ellerbe too, but I believe we will win even without him this week.

I can't wait for him to play. No more Jenkins please.

I wasn't implying that we've been horrible at corner. I've been impressed with what a bunch of backups have been able to do. But you've got to admit, adding Breaux to the mix will drastically improve our secondary. We've lost P.J. and Swann this season, so we need all the help we can get at corner.

I think when we get Sheldon and Breaux back, our defense will be much closer to what we all envisioned it to be at training camp.

sorry brother. my comprehension was off I guess. I read that you was saying that our corners were bad. My apologies. you are right about Breaux coming back will improve our secondary. I am not saying that Crawley and the rest are world beaters but I think Crawley is doing well for a UDFA rookie who has been thrust into a starting job WAY before he was ready. Man, I can't wait to see all our starters on the field next year.

I remember during Training camp, Pat Kirwin on NFL radio was saying that he felt Rankins could be the Defensive Rookie of the year! It will be nice to get that type of talent in the line up. He has it.

Not trying to damper the mood, but the same beat writers talked up Crawley & Harris. We've seen how that has worked out so far.

We'll see Rankins, but I doubt he'll get over 10 snaps. I hope we makes a huge impact, but i'm also trying to be realistic.

How do you like your crow sir?

By the way let's not blur the line between snap counts and effectiveness as I anticipate that being a rhetoric. Well he played 30snaps and I didn't notice him so I was still right to be guarded.

The argument was purely he will see more than 10 snaps after having 12 weeks to rest a 6-8 week injury that wasn't soft tissue related.

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 5
How do you like your crow sir?
Here we go again! Rankins played a bunch of snaps, but what kind of production did he have? You are out here trying to serve up crow like he was dominating or something. I'm not saying Rankins sucks, but he did not have a special game by any measure.

sorry brother. my comprehension was off I guess. I read that you was saying that our corners were bad. My apologies. you are right about Breaux coming back will improve our secondary. I am not saying that Crawley and the rest are world beaters but I think Crawley is doing well for a UDFA rookie who has been thrust into a starting job WAY before he was ready. Man, I can't wait to see all our starters on the field next year.

Yeah, I was talking about our overall defense not the corners. And our defense has been getting better every week. Which makes the return of Rankins, Breaux, and as someone pointed out, Moore, all the more exciting.

I was bummed out that they let two little 10 yard passes turn into 150 yards of offense and two TDs. That killed me....talking about padding Kapernick's numbers....:angryrazz:

Here we go again! Rankins played a bunch of snaps, but what kind of production did he have? You are out here trying to serve up crow like he was dominating or something. I'm not saying Rankins sucks, but he did not have a special game by any measure.

RSmith said that he doubts Rankins gets over 10 snaps. He got 38. That's what Elias was addressing. Had nothing to do with domination. What is your argument here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom