Sheldon Rankins makes presence felt in practice (1 Viewer)

4812f3679e8253ee7dc6e96052d8e07a.gif

352197ee24540a3742a49c6b57832a7e.jpg

Man, I really hope he is as advertised. If so, he will raise the level of play for the entire defense. My only question is can we contain Kaepernik on the run? We've had a long history of being run over by option type of offenses. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't expect a lot from him, but who knows. . . I mean a lot on this Dline would be a QB touch or hurry, not sexy stats, but something we have been without all year.

I hope he has as much pop as he had in those training camp GIFs. They'll have to double team him, and that will turn out well for the rest of our DL.

Think of it this way. Our offensive line was ranked pretty good. Rankins was completely destroying our oline during tc. zach strief said the old sheldon is back. that means our better than most oline is getting raped by him again. i cant wait to unleash him on SF. Its a good warm up for denver

So if he goes out and stinks it up it will be your fault.............:hihi:

I haven't seen you get this excited about ANY player that I can remember.........:idunno:

I'm not saying the kid is going to come out and have 2 sacks his 1st game but there seems to be some reservation on defensive players and I get it. We aren't used to drafting guys on that side of the ball that are pretty good right out of the package.

Last defensive guy to make a significant impact his 1st year was Vaccaro. Others have had to be kind of groomed to that point, and the Last few DT's we've had have washed out early.

I'm just in the minority that thinks this kid is seasoned enough to make an impact as soon as he steps on the field.

How Big?

Thats yet to be determined but I don't think he's one of those rookies we'll have to wait till year 2 or 3 before he becomes effective.

I tend to agree with you EJW, and my expectations are tempered also. But I'll also point out that defensive line is one of the positions that rookies are most likely to make an impact. So IF he have an impact player here, and IF he's playing DT, we might find out pretty quickly? Realistic, but hoping...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom