Sheldon Rankins return in 3…2…1 (edit: speculation)Update, now a Texan (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why not continue down reunion road? Not only is DA familiar with Rankins but Todd Grantham was his defensive coach at Louisville 2014-2015.

Had his most productive run stopping effort last year and is coming off two consecutive relatively healthy campaigns for the Jets.

He could help bring along the inevitable NT we draft.

Why not continue down reunion road? Not only is DA familiar with Rankins but Todd Grantham was his defensive coach at Louisville 2014-2015.

Had his most productive run stopping effort last year and is coming off two consecutive relatively healthy campaigns for the Jets.

How did he do with the Jets?

I would like if it is on a cheap deal.

When the return happens, I feel like letting Rankins walk and bringing him back was done by design by Loomis based on Rankins’ previous and current market value. He had a high market value when he left after coming off injury ridden average seasons following a big 2018 year. Now we can get him back for maybe $5-7 million a year after two 3 sack seasons with the Jets, at half the salary of Onyemata but get the same production as Onyemata at this point in their careers.

I wish we would bring Rankins back. He's really good as long as he can remain healthy.

How did he do with the Jets?

I would like if it is on a cheap deal.
He was pretty solid/stout defender. Played in 31 of 36 games over last two years.

High end Sacks #’s aren't there totaling only six over that span but he was used differently.

Could return here and get more sack production, or maybe not, but is in his prime as a run defender.

Word is the Jets are trying to re-sign him with the expectation he is due a raise based on the 2023 DT market. His last contract was $5.5m/yr.

Edit: forgot the tweet

I wonder if they made offers to both Shepherd & Rankins and Shepherd blinked first?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom