Sheldon Rankins.... (1 Viewer)

For someone his size he probably won’t be ready to start getting into game shape until the season has started. I see him being his regular self around October as the best case scenario.

I think we should plan as if he is out the entire season. If not, then great. Depth can never hurt.

I agree. Even if/when he comes back mid season he’s gonna need some time to get back to where he was. In the 2nd RD there should be some really good pressure DTs on the board. Namely Dre’mont Jones & Khalen Saunders.

I don't believe there is an actual timetable for his recovery. It'll be a wait and see approach to say the least. Hopefully he has a quick recovery and we'll see him mid season and in top form for the playoffs!

So much of Achilles recovery is where the tear is located, the extent of the tear, and how dedicated to guy is to physical therapy which in the case of Achilles injuries is about as bad as you can get. If it’s a full tear in a bad location, there’s a very real chance he won’t ever be back to being what he was. We will have to wait and see and hope the surgery is successful and go from there.

Everyone is different when it comes to healing time, but being that he is 300lbs. I would say 9 months.

Okafor made it back in a best-case scenario of 8 months. It was said he would take 8-10 months. If that holds true for Rankins he could be back late in training camp to week 6.

:00000654: :goodpost:

Sounds about right.

Check out these two Orthopedic surgeons who are discussing Achilles tendon injuries and treatment options. BTW: Their humor is offbeat and corny... somewhat like Cam Jordan. :ezbill:

Treatment of an Achilles injury can be operative, or non-operative. Near the end they give the time frame for full return anywhere from 6 mos. to a year.

They also said that having surgery is BETTER than not having it, and that the tendon is usually STRONGER than before (post-surgery). :scratch:

Let's hope for the best. Overall, it looks like he may be back around our bye week... if you assume that the Bye is in Week 5 or so.

:gosaints:

He'll probably start the season on IR unfortunately.

He'll need that 8 weeks to get back his strength back. Starting him sooner wouldn't yield results and he'll struggle. He got his injury at the worst time in January. He is gonna be very be hind in conditioning and strength. Which is a huge part of his game.

Unfortunately - as Goatman Saint pointed out above - we must prepare for the very real possibility that he may never come back. Achilles recoveries are never a given. Only a percentage make it back.

"nearly 36% of affected players never return to playing at the NFL level. "

Return to football after Achilles tendon rupture

So he comes back in the second half of the season, and wins Super Bowl MVP with 4 sacks, 3 tipped passes, a forced fumble, and a pick six. I can live with that...

Sounds about right.

Check out these two Orthopedic surgeons who are discussing Achilles tendon injuries and treatment options. BTW: Their humor is offbeat and corny... somewhat like Cam Jordan. :ezbill:

They're Canadians, so you overlook that. :hihi:

Sounds about right.

Treatment of an Achilles injury can be operative, or non-operative. Near the end they give the time frame for full return anywhere from 6 mos. to a year.

They also said that having surgery is BETTER than not having it, and that the tendon is usually STRONGER than before (post-surgery). :scratch:

Let's hope for the best. Overall, it looks like he may be back around our bye week... if you assume that the Bye is in Week 5 or so.

For some reason, I was waiting for Wayne and Garth to pull off their costumes!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom