Sheldon Rankins (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sheldon Rankin's looks like he is going to miss the first 8 games...this guy was coming along so well,that strip recovery in the Pittsburgh game was so awesome and seald the deal on that game

Once he heals up no telling how nasty the Saints defense will be. From the reports I've seen the defensive players have been impressive so far in camp.

That’s why David Onyemata is a breakout candidate. He’s gotten better each year and was playing at a high level last season, I can’t wait to see this year in a full time role.

Rankins is no stranger to coming in mid year off of injury, but this time he is a vet. But, imagine if we have a dominate d-like before Rankins even gets back. The Saints have built incredible depth.

That’s why David Onyemata is a breakout candidate. He’s gotten better each year and was playing at a high level last season, I can’t wait to see this year in a full time role.

Rankins is no stranger to coming in mid year off of injury, but this time he is a vet. But, imagine if we have a dominate d-like before Rankins even gets back. The Saints have built incredible depth.

That’s the hope. If we can just stay stingy against the run, and Davenport starts really getting after QBs, we will be doing great.

I heard Payton say something promising. He said the current hope is to have Rankins back a month into the season. So around week 4 I guess. Not that it means he will be back, but it's better than most were predicting.

Probably less than 8. They have him in the PUP list and not on IR so it could hint that his absence won't be too deep into the season.

When Rankins gets back, he'll be nice depth.
If he's good by week 5 and we're killing it on defense, coach will surely wait till week 8 to activate. Then he'll get a small pitch count and go from there. We will not hurry him back. I guarantee that.

I heard Payton say something promising. He said the current hope is to have Rankins back a month into the season. So around week 4 I guess. Not that it means he will be back, but it's better than most were predicting.
I heard or read the same thing. Basically, he was ahead of schedule and expected back sooner than later.

I really wish we had him the whole season, and Okafor too (after all, we have the cap space). With Brown and a grown Davenport, that would have been a fantastic line.
Now we have the potential of course, but I’ve learned to be cautious and I’ll wait to see how Davenport, Brown, Onyemata and Edwards play.

With an Achilles, I am of the opinion that anything we get from Rankins is icing on the cake this year. Not a sure thing he will be back to his usual explosive self after that surgery. Saints are of the same opinion, hence the signings of Brown and Edwards.

The earliest a PUP player can come back is week 7.

He's on the preseason PUP though, he can be moved to the active roster at any time until the regular season. If he start the regular season on PUP you're right, he would have to sit the first 6 weeks. If there is a chance he can come back after a month, so 2 weeks earlier, I would say it's worth it to have him take an active roster spot

He's on the preseason PUP though, he can be moved to the active roster at any time until the regular season. If he start the regular season on PUP you're right, he would have to sit the first 6 weeks. If there is a chance he can come back after a month, so 2 weeks earlier, I would say it's worth it to have him take an active roster spot

Yeah I guess it just depends on where he is and what our roster situation is - there just aren’t that many spots. I’m expecting him to be PUP (regular) but you’re right that if they think he’s back sooner, they might keep him active.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom