Sheldon Rankins (1 Viewer)

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Before the Achilles injury, Rankins was the best DT on the team, and it was not close.

Since then, he just hasn't been the same guy which is a real shame. Even if/when he is healed, I'm not sure who he would replace in the lineup.

I'm just glad the Saints have the depth now along the Defensive Line to be able to lose a star player and not skip a beat.

SaintKenn

Wait till next year?
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Glasgow guy got a lot of pt this past game and shine on some plays. Speaks volumes for a guy that can come in that quick and play vital minutes.

SammyDaLoon

Crazy ? As A Loon & Original Iron-era Member!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sheldon Rankins’ body is simply maxed out... he is only 6’1” & barely 290 or so folks!!!

I was soooooo relieved we extended Onyemata because I kept seeing growth & David simply flashed ELITE moments(think Dak Prescot multi-sack game) Physical gifts make a difference MORE times than not... 6’3ish 300+ lean and started ball late. David is the 💎 & Rankins is limited due to size.

Rankins is good in rotation & cat quick, but he simply breaks himself too much.

NFL elite size and weight combos apply here in this “midget-man” mini DT Rankins... Aaron Donald be damned.

Reaction score
To be honest, the d-line is playing so great that I had forgotten all about him. Hope he heals up because good depth is always needed. At one point, he was becoming a star, but it’s a shame the bad luck he’s had with injury.

Los

Benchwarmer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It looks as though he should be eligible for return later this week, or early next week. Also depends on how his recovery is going. Interesting line about Rankins the week they put him on IR: Rankins ranked fourth with 13 pressures, per Pro Football Focus. I'm assuming this is amount DT's

Saint Lattimore

Earned Another Start
Reaction score
The fact that Rankins absence isnt affecting the D-lines performance is a testament to the depth built over the last 2 years. When Rankins went out in 2018 D-line play was greatly affected
No doubt... but that was before Onyemata blossomed and also before double achilles and other injuries de-railed Rankins. 2018 was the best Rankins ever played... Unfortunately he’s damaged goods now.. and a pending UFA after this season.
I hope he comes back and makes himself a bunch of money next offseason by balling out! But he can’t be counted on any longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom