Sheldon Rankins (1 Viewer)

Before the Achilles injury, Rankins was the best DT on the team, and it was not close.

Since then, he just hasn't been the same guy which is a real shame. Even if/when he is healed, I'm not sure who he would replace in the lineup.

I'm just glad the Saints have the depth now along the Defensive Line to be able to lose a star player and not skip a beat.

The Glasgow guy got a lot of pt this past game and shine on some plays. Speaks volumes for a guy that can come in that quick and play vital minutes.

Sheldon Rankins’ body is simply maxed out... he is only 6’1” & barely 290 or so folks!!!

I was soooooo relieved we extended Onyemata because I kept seeing growth & David simply flashed ELITE moments(think Dak Prescot multi-sack game) Physical gifts make a difference MORE times than not... 6’3ish 300+ lean and started ball late. David is the 💎 & Rankins is limited due to size.

Rankins is good in rotation & cat quick, but he simply breaks himself too much.

NFL elite size and weight combos apply here in this “midget-man” mini DT Rankins... Aaron Donald be damned.

To be honest, the d-line is playing so great that I had forgotten all about him. Hope he heals up because good depth is always needed. At one point, he was becoming a star, but it’s a shame the bad luck he’s had with injury.

It looks as though he should be eligible for return later this week, or early next week. Also depends on how his recovery is going. Interesting line about Rankins the week they put him on IR: Rankins ranked fourth with 13 pressures, per Pro Football Focus. I'm assuming this is amount DT's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom