Sheldon Richardson is our man (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
After reading up on some of the links somone posted detailing the different fronts of the Rob Ryan defense and how he likes to operate, and re-watching snap film of Richardson, reading analysis from countless others, I think he is my favorite player for the Saints to draft. I've seen him mocked from any where at #6 to #19, so who knows where he gets draft. But I've come to the conclusion that I like him more the J.Jones, Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, Ogletree, Star and Mingo. I think Floyd could be a smiggent better but I dont see Floyd fitting well in a 1-gap 3-4 defense. He is a pure 3-technique IMO.

Richardson played all over the line in the Mizzou defense and was consistently the best player. I watched the film of him, and I knew who he was without knowing his jersy number. He just popped out immediately. He is an outstanding athelete for his size, has quick feet, uses his hands well, has outstanding read/reaction to whats going on in the back field. If the offenses runs an end around he will quickly shed his tackle and manuever through traffic to get to the ball carrier. A great motor with a relentless pursuit. This guy made plays all over the feild including outside the box. Some cases he out ran LB's to get to the ball carrier. He dominated every game except when he went against Warford of Kentucky. Dont know what happened but that guy had his number that day.

His effort is impressive, but what is more impressive is his versatility. They've stood him off the line, they played him at 3 where he was exceptional, they lined him up at end over the tackle where caused havoc. I dont have the link, but if you look at the multiple fronts of Rob Ryan, he loved doing stuff like that and creating mismatches, and causing confusion to the QB. Rob isnt going to run a base 3-4 100% of the time, he is going to switch it up and try to put his personel in the best position to succeed.

Richardson to me is an immediate starter and an impact player. In nickel situations (which we play 40+ percent of the time) he can line up at 3-Tech and penetrate. This guy gets into the backfield with quickness and causes issues for offenses!

Im not high on taking DT's early especially after being burned by Ellis, but the fact is you have to. You just dont see guys that size that move like that often. After long thought througout this who draft process and relentlessly studying most of these guys, I've come to the conclussion that Richardsons our guy. I really like him and hope we pick him.

Obviously this is just my dumb opinion and I could be completely wrong about him, Rob Ryan could hate him. I dont know. But I just wanted to put it out there and was curious about you guy's feelings on him.

After reading up on some of the links somone posted detailing the different fronts of the Rob Ryan defense and how he likes to operate, and re-watching snap film of Richardson, reading analysis from countless others, I think he is my favorite player for the Saints to draft. I've seen him mocked from any where at #6 to #19, so who knows where he gets draft. But I've come to the conclusion that I like him more the J.Jones, Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, Ogletree, Star and Mingo. I think Floyd could be a smiggent better but I dont see Floyd fitting well in a 1-gap 3-4 defense. He is a pure 3-technique IMO.

Richardson played all over the line in the Mizzou defense and was consistently the best player. I watched the film of him, and I knew who he was without knowing his jersy number. He just popped out immediately. He is an outstanding athelete for his size, has quick feet, uses his hands well, has outstanding read/reaction to whats going on in the back field. If the offenses runs an end around he will quickly shed his tackle and manuever through traffic to get to the ball carrier. A great motor with a relentless pursuit. This guy made plays all over the feild including outside the box. Some cases he out ran LB's to get to the ball carrier. He dominated every game except when he went against Warford of Kentucky. Dont know what happened but that guy had his number that day.

His effort is impressive, but what is more impressive is his versatility. They've stood him off the line, they played him at 3 where he was exceptional, they lined him up at end over the tackle where caused havoc. I dont have the link, but if you look at the multiple fronts of Rob Ryan, he loved doing stuff like that and creating mismatches, and causing confusion to the QB. Rob isnt going to run a base 3-4 100% of the time, he is going to switch it up and try to put his personel in the best position to succeed.

Richardson to me is an immediate starter and an impact player. In nickel situations (which we play 40+ percent of the time) he can line up at 3-Tech and penetrate. This guy gets into the backfield with quickness and causes issues for offenses!

Im not high on taking DT's early especially after being burned by Ellis, but the fact is you have to. You just dont see guys that size that move like that often. After long thought througout this who draft process and relentlessly studying most of these guys, I've come to the conclussion that Richardsons our guy. I really like him and hope we pick him.

Obviously this is just my dumb opinion and I could be completely wrong about him, Rob Ryan could hate him. I dont know. But I just wanted to put it out there and was curious about you guy's feelings on him.

I'd be happy with Star, Ogletree, or Richardson really....This draft is really deep in those positions in round 2-3, so a trade back would mean Ogletree in that scenario IMO! Tough call....

Mike D says he will be picked by Carolina, one pick ahead of the Saints.

I would definitely not be disappointed in this pick. the only positions I really don't want to see drafted in the 1st are WR, TE, RB, CB and of course QB.

I like your " dumb opinion"... Love to see Richardson in Black n Gold.

Ok then, whats the knock on Richardson because I've heard nothing bad as if he is a bonafide stud Top 5 pick. He is more of a sure thing than all of the raw, high potential prospects that are high on everyones board in my opinion.

Ok then, whats the knock on Richardson because I've heard nothing bad as if he is a bonafide stud Top 5 pick. He is more of a sure thing than all of the raw, high potential prospects that are high on everyones board in my opinion.

CitySaint he is the guy i love to see the saints take at 15...

Richardson wont get past Carolina at 14. I still say that Ogletree is the mark!

He's dumb, and some people think that, once he got his paycheck, he will become lazy.

Yeah, I cant see him getting past Carolina, but maybe they opt for a CB or WR? Contrary to popular belief, there D was solid last year. We'll see.

Dont get me wrong, Ogletree has some traits I really really like, and could very well end up being a stud backer, one that we havent had here in ages. I just wonder about him though. But its obvoious the Saints FO/coaching staff have a lot of interest in him.

It's kind of a bummer having to pick right behind Tampa and Carolina. Personally, it really makes the trade back option that much more appealing. But obviously that is only an actual option if someone wants to trade up.

He's dumb, and some people think that, once he got his paycheck, he will become lazy.

Is he really? I havent really dug into his personallity much. Seems like a smart player on the field and I dont see laziness. Interesting though I will see if I can find some info on that.

Im not sold on Richardson...SORRY!!! (The SEC just ran over Mizzou)-Grown Man Football!!

I read somewhere he had character issues as well... but I also read he has the best motor for a d-linemen "a la" JJ Watt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom