Sherman on Roddy White: easy matchup (2 Viewers)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Dpym2W4P3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After watching this video I really think corner or safety is a must in early rounds. I know the scheme is to blame for must of this but game tape dont lie.

Trade down in the 1st to bout 21 an snatch Elam an get Robert Alford in the 3rd.

The spags D really got it's own fail highlight reel? The thing that bothered me the most on that video was the mouse hovering over the picture. Secondly: blown coverages, missed tackles and lots of pure hesitation.

He really is right though. More often then not Roddy isn't a dynamic player and has to do 3 things to get open:

1. Slide down in motion to run a crossing route or a rub route to get free of a defender (something the failcons are famous for, i mean Matty dump off doesn't know any better)
2. Famous push off
3. Confused set with play action to hide him like Sherman said

He's not hard to cover 1 on 1 because he's really not that good unless he has help.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Dpym2W4P3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After watching this video I really think corner or safety is a must in early rounds. I know the scheme is to blame for must of this but game tape dont lie.

Trade down in the 1st to bout 21 an snatch Elam an get Robert Alford in the 3rd.

That video just showed a defense that dont know what they was doing. miss tackles slow etc: :jpshakehead:

"His strengths are in their system, within their system," Sherman said on the "ATL Debate Club" podcast. "His strengths aren't his own.

"Julio Jones' strengths are his own. Julio Jones is a dynamic playmaker. It doesn't matter what scheme he's playing in, he's going to play well. If he's out wide, if he's in the slot, he's going to present problems. Roddy can present problems for certain people, but he's a product."

Richard Sherman: Roddy White a product of his system - NFL.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom