shockey admits to future trade?? (1 Viewer)

Gremillion J

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got this off of Giants message board. who got it off of a cowboys message board.. here it is.. its copied and pasted

No I don't have links to confirm & nor do I really care if he goes to the saints or not I just wanted to share my story.

I was passing thru DFW "Dallas Fort Worth International" yesterday on business. Having a few beers & getting ready to order some food when this huge person walks in & sets down next to me. I glanced over & immediately knew it was shockey from the tat's.

He ordered a double margarita & two shots of petron & asked where the owner of the place was "apperently a friend of his that he was going to sign autographs for". The owner wasn't around so he had his drinks & asked to borrow one of the waitresses cell phone "said he lost his in the bahamas where he was flying from".

He called Drew Rosenhaus & started discussing something pretty heatedly & then told him to get it done or he would find someone that could. Somebody asked him if he was going back to NYG, Shockey smiled and lauged & said he was going to be traded. Either to the saints, raiders, tampa bay, or denver.

He started out real friendly signing some autgraphs for kids & then he turned into what I expected, a jerk. He was cussing profusely "mind you this wasn't just a bar it was a restaurant that had a bar in the middle.

Right before I left I asked him who was the hardest hitter in the NFL & he said "Sean Taylor, the best football player ever" quote.

I told him I was a Cowboys fan & he started dogging on Roy HARD. Saying he was out of shape & fat.

Anyways I got on the plane to Oklahoma City & noticed he was on the plane too. As I passed him I asked him if he was going to be a Saint & he put his finger up to his lips like shhhhhh.

I don't know why he would be spouting off in an airport about a trade but I though it was interesting none the less. First pro athlete I had ever met & he was about like I figured, full of himself & very cocky....ahhh the life of a pro athlete.

If the saints trade for this piece of work, I'm going to need a lot more than a double margarita and two shots of patron.

My question is, how did the OP (in the original post, not this one) know he was calling Drew Rosenhaus? I mean even if Rosenhaus is his agent, is he making an assumption here or what?

i'm probably in the minority here; but I do not mind guys being cocky as long as they not breaking the law and hurting other people. I'll take Shockey over PacMan anyday of the week. You give me access to anything I want in this world and I"ll probably become cocky myself. I've read reporters say most athletes act like this, some just do a better job of hiding it in public or in front of the camera. Anyway, I find holes in the original thread but oh well.

My question is, how did the OP (in the original post, not this one) know he was calling Drew Rosenhaus? I mean even if Rosenhaus is his agent, is he making an assumption here or what?

if he was sitting at the bar, he might of heard shockey go " hey rosanhaus" when he was talking to him on the phone.:hihi: just saying, most people identify who they talk to when they call them.

Maybe he called information first and asked for Drew Rosenhaus' number.

I don't really care for his attitude but actually I think every team should have at least one nut job on the team and at least he can play. I still remember when he ran that DB over in preseason of his rookie year, allsome!

OK, here's the other question - if Shockey borrowed the waitress's cell phone, why would Rosenhaus take the call if he didn't recognize the number? I'm sure someone like Rosenhaus doens't answer every call that comes by his cell phone.

Plus, the poster didn't state that Shockey identified himself when he supposedly called Drew. He said he knew it was Shockey because of the tats.

I call BS personally.

Maybe he called information first and asked for Drew Rosenhaus' number.

I don't really care for his attitude but actually I think every team should have at least one nut job on the team and at least he can play. I still remember when he ran that DB over in preseason of his rookie year, allsome!

We have Steve Weatherford :9: :hihi:
weatherford_001.jpg

ETA: Although with Gleason's retirement, our "nut job" budget did go up a bit. :9: :ezbill:

Last edited:
Well i think it's a classic case of hatiing being drafted by a team you did not want to go to. He must be at least semi close to Coach Payton and Vilma. I am too lazy to look it up but i think he was on the same team as Vilma at Miami. Trade makes sense to me. I really think Shockey just did not respect Eli and kind of burnt the bridge between the two. He cannot change his mind now and get away with it.

My opinion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom