Shockey: "I'm not "feelin' it" about this one (1 Viewer)

i have mixed feeling too but Drew will not put up with him like Eli. I see Drew grabbing his face mask and sending him off the feild.

I like the idea of idea of adding Chad Johnson, but I'm more a supporter for Shockey on the team. I like Billy Miller, but I think Shockey would be a better up-grade, plus I'd like to see a lil' fire on the team. Although Mr. Johnson might have a great rep in the NFL, he still has his distractions too, they're just in a more humorous manner.

Personally, I'm tired of us Not taking chances with proven tallent. If our coaching staff can't tame a player, and if our team can't stay together and focused because of "one" bad apple, then they really arnt that strong in the first place.... Like I said before: I'd really like to see what happens when we do take a chance with someone who has proven tallent rather than take a chance with a "hopefull / possible" tallent. I'd love to see Shockey and/or Ocho in B&G. JMHO

Lets say Shockey came here and ran his mouth about Drew Brees... So people here are saying that this is going to cause some big dissent in the lockerroom...um...NO! Drew Brees is one of the MOST respected players not only on the team but in the league. Not only that Brees is the undeniable leader of this team and one of the most accurate QBs in the league...2 things eli IS NOT. If Shockey ran his mouth about Drew he would become the laughing stock of the NFL, its like complaing about Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning.

Shockey is not going to say anything about Payton because of two reasons: 1)Shockey credits Payton for having such an impact in his early career and 2)Payton is a pass-happy coach and being that Shockey is a big part of the passing game, I doubt he will complain.

In fact I doubt Shockey calls out anybody on the offense being that we have a top 5 offense in the league without him.

Now, if shockey called out the defense, which I doubt he would do being that he has nothing to do with defense, then we have problems...but a good pummeling by charles grant and will smith would put him back in line.

Lets say Shockey came here and ran his mouth about Drew Brees... So people here are saying that this is going to cause some big dissent in the lockerroom...um...NO! Drew Brees is one of the MOST respected players not only on the team but in the league. Not only that Brees is the undeniable leader of this team and one of the most accurate QBs in the league...2 things eli IS NOT. If Shockey ran his mouth about Drew he would become the laughing stock of the NFL, its like complaing about Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning.

Shockey is not going to say anything about Payton because of two reasons: 1)Shockey credits Payton for having such an impact in his early career and 2)Payton is a pass-happy coach and being that Shockey is a big part of the passing game, I doubt he will complain.

In fact I doubt Shockey calls out anybody on the offense being that we have a top 5 offense in the league without him.

Now, if shockey called out the defense, which I doubt he would do being that he has nothing to do with defense, then we have problems...but a good pummeling by charles grant and will smith would put him back in line.

actually, the defense would have deserved it as of last season...

lol @ yield..

anyways, coach Payton, used to be HIS coach.. do you recall anything out of line during that time? All i recall during that time, was him being an outstanding TE, and a differance maker on the feild. Don't think he'd be a prob here.. and considering Payton was apparently wanting him,.. i don't think he feels there would be a problem either...

was payton there when he threw the cup of ice into the stands and hit that kid in the head?

Am I the only one that is worried about his injury history? We have no idea how well he is going to play. Sure, when he's on...he's on, but didn't he miss the Super Bowl (final 7 games) due to an injury? Is it fully healed? Is he 100%? Next question...what about his contract status? How much longer does he have left on his current contract? What's to stop him from saying he wants a new deal?

At best, I'd offer them on draft day a third rounder and a conditional pick in next year's draft based upon playing time and incentives. This guy had nothing to do with the Giants winning the SB.

They have Boss which is going to take catches away from Shockey. If he stays with the Giants for another year, his trade value will only go down farther...the Giants and Shockey know this. I want a great TE and we know that Brees likes to throw that way, but to give up a first or second rounder in both dollars and area of bigger need (DT, LB, CB) just doesn't make sense to me.

Sean Payton coached him, the fact that we are after him still, means he isn't worried about him in the locker room , he knows him better than the public perception, I think this will get done at draft time.

I don't think dealing with his attitude is worth losing a second round pick, I would rather spend our 2nd on Fred Davis is Payton wants a TE that badly.

id take him without a doubt but if we have to give up a 2nd i would like to see a 4th or 5th in return...you really cant coach talent, and Shockey has IT.

But all in all, I see the scales tipping toward a negative should we get him here.

If it happens, may I eat a big plate of crow if I'm wrong; won't be the first time.

Anyway, JMHO.

:gosaints:

I totally agree with you. I know I know... we need a bonafire star tightend to maximize the effectiveness of Brees, but at what cost? The Giants seemed to do just fine without him.:Cliff:

I totally agree with you. I know I know... we need a bonafire star tightend to maximize the effectiveness of Brees, but at what cost? The Giants seemed to do just fine without him.:Cliff:

drew brees has seemed to do just fine without him either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom