shockey NEWS!!!! sorry if it was already posted (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
got this from si.com
Giants: Shockey not on trade block
Posted: Saturday April 12, 2008 08:26AM ET
Whether Jeremy Shockey returns for his seventh season with the Giants has been a point of conjecture ever since the Giants won the Super Bowl without him, and the Saints tried to trade for the four-time Pro Bowl tight end. The Giants turned down the Saints - who reportedly offered a second-round draft pick plus safety Roman Harper - and general manager Jerry Reese insists Shockey is not on the trading block. Former Giants backup quarterback Tim Hasselbeck during Super Bowl week ripped Shockey, saying he was a major distraction to Eli Manning, a claim Manning does not support.

do you think we will give up on trying 2 get him?

From everything that I've read on here, that story isn't even right. I thought WE turned down the Giants, who wanted a second rounder and Harper??? This is just way too much drama for a player who didn't contribute to their team winning the SB, yet is doing everything in his power to get out of town....probably because he knows he's not needed or wanted any longer. This is the highest his value is going to be, as I feel the Giants are going to give Boss every opportunity to unseat Shockey. The Giants want to get rid of him, his locker room attitude, and injury history now because they can get the most value and show the rest of the team that the FO and coaching staff isn't going to tolerate bad attitudes.

I still think he'll be gone before the last person is chosen in the draft, but I hope if it is us....it's for a 3rd rounder this year and a conditional pick next year! No players!!!!

From everything that I've read on here, that story isn't even right. I thought WE turned down the Giants, who wanted a second rounder and Harper??? This is just way too much drama for a player who didn't contribute to their team winning the SB, yet is doing everything in his power to get out of town....probably because he knows he's not needed or wanted any longer. This is the highest his value is going to be, as I feel the Giants are going to give Boss every opportunity to unseat Shockey. The Giants want to get rid of him, his locker room attitude, and injury history now because they can get the most value and show the rest of the team that the FO and coaching staff isn't going to tolerate bad attitudes.

I still think he'll be gone before the last person is chosen in the draft, but I hope if it is us....it's for a 3rd rounder this year and a conditional pick next year! No players!!!!

You are right, the Saints turned the Giants down. Making this all moot.

And yeah, I think it'll either be a 2nd in '09 or a 3rd in 08 and a pick in 09 or a player.

I dont want Shockey. Negative drama always seems to follow him where ever he goes. I dont even think he is even near the elite of talent that everyone seems to think he is. Lets use our number 2 on trading up for one of those top flight DT's.

I posted this from Rotoworld yesterday in one of the thousands of Shockey threads...

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=11>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #03497f" width=10>
left_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #03497f" width=430><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
NYG.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Jeremy Shockey-TE- Giants</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Apr. 11 - 3:12 pm et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #03497f" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
pixel.gif

A friend of Jeremy Shockey tells the NY Daily News that Shockey is frustrated "with his role in the (Giants') offense."
He might envision himself as more of a pure pass catcher, while the Giants have repeatedly said they value Shockey's blocking. Shockey himself may be at the source of trade rumors. It still seems unlikely he'll be dealt.
Source: New York Daily News
<TD class=s_playerNewsRightBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

I posted this from Rotoworld yesterday in one of the thousands of Shockey threads...

I couldn't agree more with the note that Shockey himself may be the main source for the rumors we are reading.

greendragon said:
I dont want Shockey. Negative drama always seems to follow him where ever he goes. I dont even think he is even near the elite of talent that everyone seems to think he is. Lets use our number 2 on trading up for one of those top flight DT's.

I'm with you as I just posted on a different thread. He's a cancer. Don't screw up our team by bringing this malcontent in. He hasn't performed at a high level in a couple years.

I'm with you as I just posted on a different thread. He's a cancer. Don't screw up our team by bringing this malcontent in. He hasn't performed at a high level in a couple years.

So you're saying he can play at a high level if Coach Payton is part of his team?

:9:

The Gaints won a Super Bowl with this player sitting in a private box drinking apparently beer. I say pass.

I'm already tired of the Shockey drama, and he isn't even on our team.

this just means he wants loomis to up the ante, but pressure will mount closer to the draft we get.

Shockey's trying to pull an Ocho or a DeAngelo Hall and force the Giants hand.

After getting the pot stirred up by inquiring about Shockey, if we just step back and not make an over-priced deal for him, Shockey's antics will get him cut from the Giants and we'll get him as a FA. Or we deal a late round pick or 2 for him. (Remember how AB laughed himself off the Saints.)

I guess what's so funny about all of this, I think the same people screaming not to use a 2nd or 3rd to get GD or SE (who come become a 10yr. fixture @ DT), have no hesitation at all about swapping #1s, or using the same 2 or 3 to acquire an injured back-up with a useful expectancy of what? maybe another 5 years, if we're lucky? How many 2nd or 3rd round picks do we call a bust because they last less than 5 years???

I'd guess either Lito or Shockey COULD help the Saints, but only at a realistic cost. If we're gonna gamble, let's roll the dice for a possible future 10 yr. starter @ DT w/8 pro bowls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom