Shockey trade for what? (2 Viewers)

PaulinP

Very Banned
Reaction score
The Saints #10 pick has a value of 1300pts.
The Giants #31 pick has a value of 600pts.

If we were to trade 1st round picks and they give Shockey, that would make him worth 700pts., which is eqivilent to the #26 pick. I personally think that Shockey is better than any other player, let alone tight end in the draft at pick 26. After all, he was the #14 pick in the '02 draft; a draft in which we picked Donte Stallworth at #13. So this conversation wouldn't be happening had things gone a little different.

I would have no problem giving up #10 and recieving #31 and essencially#26. We did, unfortunatly :covri: , trade #17 and 18 to Arizona in '03 for #6 overall, Jonathan Sullivan.:angryrazz: Maybe fate will be on our side five years later. According to this years points we gave away 1,850pts. for 1,600pts in '03.

I would feel much more comfortable with our team if we get Shockey and still keep 2 picks in the first 40 picks, than is we trade up and lose a pick or player or force a pick at #10 that we can get in a later pick, maybe a trade with Phili. With picks #31 and 40, we can secure another olb, db, and/or dt.

The only thing is that we offered our #40 and R. Harper earier and were denied. I would only feel comfortable with swapping first and getting Shockey. I would not give another pick or player for this to happen, especially Harper who can prove himself this season.

If we were to trade 1st round picks and they give Shockey, that would make him worth 700pts., which is eqivilent to the #26 pick. I personally think that Shockey is better than any other player, let alone tight end in the draft at pick 26. After all, he was the #14 pick in the '02 draft; a draft in which we picked Donte Stallworth at #13. So this conversation wouldn't be happening had things gone a little different.

I would have no problem giving up #10 and recieving #31 and essencially#26. We did, unfortunatly :covri: , trade #17 and 18 to Arizona in '03 for #6 overall, Jonathan Sullivan.:angryrazz: Maybe fate will be on our side five years later. According to this years points we gave away 1,850pts. for 1,600pts in '03.

I would feel much more comfortable with our team if we get Shockey and still keep 2 picks in the first 40 picks, than is we trade up and lose a pick or player or force a pick at #10 that we can get in a later pick, maybe a trade with Phili. With picks #31 and 40, we can secure another olb, db, and/or dt.

The only thing is that we offered our #40 and R. Harper earier and were denied. I would only feel comfortable with swapping first and getting Shockey. I would not give another pick or player for this to happen, especially Harper who can prove himself this season.

We did not offer our #40 and Roman Harper and get denied.

They asked for our #40 and Roman Harper and THEY got denied.

The only thing is that we offered our #40 and R. Harper earier and were denied. I would only feel comfortable with swapping first and getting Shockey.

I believe this was actually the offer presented to the Saints from the Giants as to what they'd want for Shockey, and the Saints said no. Personally, I'd pass on him. With the 10th pick, we are in a position to grab a playmaker on our Defense that we desparately need.

Thank YOU! I'm tired of having to say this. We will get Shockey for a 2nd. Done deal.

According to this years points we gave away 1,850pts. for 1,600pts in '03.

Actually we also got a tradeup in the 2nd as part of that deal which got us Stinchcomb. We got the better end of the deal according to the value chart as I recall.

WHY do we need Trash like this on our team, when offense isnt the problem........YEA lets give up a pick for a crybaby cancer and not address our Defense.

The draft value chart is meaningless. If the deal goes down, it will be for a negotiated price which will have nothing at all to do with any kind of point system. There's no rule book for bartering.

EXACTLY!!!!

was just bout to hit reply and type the same thing....

I proposed this in an earlier thread. If Philly wants to move up to #10 then lets do a double trade down first with Philly to #19 and Pick up Lito and then trade #19 to the Giants for Jeremy Shocky for #31. Then draft best DT available Balmer(doubtful or or Laws or who ever and the best Safety available at #40 Maybe Phillips. or even the best OLB left whoever. That would be a very productive first day!! Possible 4 new starters 3 in positions of need on defense. I know its not likely to happen but hey its good to dream is it not!!

WHY do we need Trash like this on our team, when offense isnt the problem........YEA lets give up a pick for a crybaby cancer and not address our Defense.

I bet you wont be saying this when johnson drops a pass into a DBs hands again.

Offense in general may not be our biggest problem, but we could still improve.

If by crybaby cancer you mean passionate leader on and off the field that will speak his mind and let you know where he stands and not leave an doubt to his intentions. He is a Ray Lewis kind of player on the other side of the ball. That is leadership in my book. I don't think that if Payton,"who knows him very well" thought he was a cancer would be interested in him at all. Hell it doesn't sound like we are. The Giants just think they have found his replacement so why pay big money when they can play the young kid I don't remember his name that took his place.

the trade with philly for lito and the 19h pick then the giants 31 for our 19th for shocky sounds awesome to me, seems we could still get a great playmaker on defense

If by crybaby cancer you mean passionate leader on and off the field that will speak his mind and let you know where he stands and not leave an doubt to his intentions. He is a Ray Lewis kind of player on the other side of the ball. That is leadership in my book. I don't think that if Payton,"who knows him very well" thought he was a cancer would be interested in him at all. Hell it doesn't sound like we are. The Giants just think they have found his replacement so why pay big money when they can play the young kid I don't remember his name that took his place.

yea your right....we need a player who will throw our coach and his team under the bus after a tuff loss. What a leader! TE is like #5 on the list of need here.

Also, how is this for irony, #25 we take Charles Grant with the #26 pick being non other than the other person we are talking about trading back for Lito Sheppard. Weeeiiirrrddd......................OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom