shockingly, Blandino says all is well (1 Viewer)

I can see this tactic being used more and more until a rule change. If he did not touch our player then it is legit.

Technically you can hurdle over a center to sack the QB if you time it perfect, obviously that is hard to do but possible.

I think he was probably out of bounds but there wasn't enough to overturn a call on the field.

The worrisome part about that reply is how easily they worked over our special teams unit to get the block, and it was legal we just failed to prepare for it the most obvious situation.

It never went that low after opening.

Saints got up to -3 at one point and settled at -2.5 most of the week. Lots of public action.

The Saints had all the heavy action on them, especially late Saturday into Sunday. They had also covered 5 straight ATS, which means a lot of system betters were betting against that trend. It's simply a fact that Vegas would of preferred the Broncos cover.

When it was gonna be 24-23, the Broncos were basically guaranteed to cover no matter what happened. If we held on and won, it wouldn't of mattered one way or the other to the cover.

BUT, when it became a possibility that it'd end up 23-23 if they call him out of bounds, that put the FG and the cover back into play for the Saints, who were -2.5, especially if it went to OT.

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not saying that Blandino made that call with Vegas in mind. I'm just answering your question. Yes, it all lined up perfectly for Vegas by them not calling him out of bounds.

Thx much Bonchie. Really good stuff

I thought "hands to the head" by both offense and defense was outlawed years ago. Remember the old head slaps that the old defensive linemen used long ago. This just seems like a head slap to the back of the head to me.

You would think that the instant reaction by multiple players and staff on the Saints sideline might be an indicator.....

I can see this tactic being used more and more until a rule change. If he did not touch our player then it is legit.

Technically you can hurdle over a center to sack the QB if you time it perfect, obviously that is hard to do but possible.

I'm also sure that might be called roughing the passer against us if we were able to do it. The QB would still be low if directly behind the snapper and you're bound to hit helmet to helmet or something. We would be the ones to suffer for it while everyone else would benefit from it.

How about simply having cameras exactly on the sidelines, so you had a clear shot of a play like this.

We have cameras with a 27 degree angle trying to determine whether he's out of bounds.

Part of what makes that play possible is the rule that you can't line up over the center during kicks. I don't think that is an issue in regular play. So I don't think we will be seeing guys trying to leap over the line like that. Additionally, I think they will likely change the rule for 'safety' and end the leaping altogether.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How about simply having cameras exactly on the sidelines, so you had a clear shot of a play like this.

We have cameras with a 27 degree angle trying to determine whether he's out of bounds.

Or, how about the Ref following the play make the call that the Saints coaches saw and he should have been focusing on, since that should have been his main task on the run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom