Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (10 Viewers)

Geez, how did he get into the school? There are lockdown drills and most schools where I'm at, there's only one way to get in.
I'll add that report wasn't an actual report, it was more like field information coming from locals being questioned by Lester. They had film of the shooter's suspected truck busted up in a ditch outside of the school.

I'll add that report wasn't an actual report, it was more like field information coming from locals being questioned by Lester. They had film of the shooter's suspected truck busted up in a ditch outside of the school.
Yeah, I saw that bit. I guess we just have to wait for all of the information to be sorted out for what we're watching to make some sense. There's just a lot of info with not enough context right now.

These domestic terrorist attacks seem like bi-weekly now.

24/7 media coverage of one leads to another - they start to happen in clusters.

Experts have suggested that shooters are seeking fame as one possible motivation. By focusing so much coverage on mass shooting events, these experts warn, the news media may be creating incentives for mass shooters, especially when they focus intensely on the individual profiles of the shooters themselves.

But is that true? Walker and Jetter decided to test this hypothesis by analyzing the relationship between the level of news coverage and the occurrence of mass shootings. They picked the popular primetime news program ABC World News Tonight and tracked daily coverage from January 1, 2013 to June 23, 2016.

Shockingly, they found a positive and statistically significant relationship between the amount of coverage dedicated to mass shootings and the number of shootings that occurred in the following week.

“At its mean,” the researchers conclude, “ABC news coverage is suggested to cause approximately three mass shootings in the subsequent week, equivalent to 58 percent of mass shootings in the United States.” (Their results were robust using both definitions of a “mass shooting”: either four or more individuals shot and four or more individuals killed.)

“We find a pretty clear empirical relationship between coverage and future acts,” says Walker

Never ends. Lots of people need mental health. I will keep preaching it. This scumbag, shot his GRANDMOTHER, prior to going to the school, to shoot the kids and couple of adults. Why did he shoot the kids? What did these kids do to him? Tell me he is not deranged! 😡

The Sandy Hook shooter shot his mom before going to kill 25 people including children. Yes mental health is a big part of it and we’re doing next to nothing about it. And access to guns by the deranged is another big part of it that we’re doing nothing about.

These domestic terrorist attacks seem like bi-weekly now.
Well, data is not updated for May, but Janurary through April(120 days) there were 202 incidents in the US involving the shooting of 4 or more people, not including the shooter(s).

Almost 13 a week for the first 4 months of the year, and we are sure as hell not slowing down.

With Uvalde there have now been 27 school shootings this year. We are 22 weeks into the year.

So over one a week there.

Supermarkets, Churches, etc, dont know the numbers... but if you feel like these events are every other week, it is only because you are not hearing about most of them.

Sandy Hook and now a copycat just a few days before Summer vacation which little kids really looking forward to. Mine are. This is so F up. What are we paying the people in DC for.

Last edited:
How do you even begin to process what happened today. So so sad. SO upsetting.

How many more of these?

Tragic

Sandy Hook right before Christmas
This right before summer break

At least with Sandy Hook for a minute there it looked like something might change

Probably won’t even get that illusion now

And access to guns by the deranged is another big part of it that we’re doing nothing about.

Not only has nothing been done to responsibly regulate access, states like Texas have made it even easier for people to acquire and carry guns.

Matthew Dowd claimed in an earlier report that as many as half of the gun transactions in Texas avoid background checks because of legal loopholes. And Texas made it easier for anybody who can own a gun to open carry. No training, no license required.

Thoughts and prayers for people who are already dead is never going to save anyone’s life.
At least from my POV, it’s about the suffering families who have lost a big part of their life. That’s what I’m thinking about. My youngest is a senior in HS, and can’t imagine losing my kids to a school shooting.

At least from my POV, it’s about the suffering families who have lost a big part of their life. That’s what I’m thinking about. My youngest is a senior in HS, and can’t imagine losing my kids to a school shooting.

I agree.

I guess my point is that we need to do more than just console families, the families we will be consoling next time need us to do more than that.

I just didn’t want to be more blunt because it would be borderline political.

There isn’t enough space between too soon and too late to do nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom