Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (32 Viewers)

Even if we had the best mental health services in the world, how do you make sure every would-be mass murderer passes through it?

Same for the ones who attack random strangers with machetes. The ones who kill their 9-month old babies. The ones who murder their neighbor over yard work.

How do you get all of them through that stellar mental health system and make sure they come through the other side 'fixed?
What if stellar mental health isn't the issue?

Some people are just evil.

What if stellar mental health isn't the issue?

Some people are just evil.
[I don’t believe that. Evil is a construct invented centuries ago because we didn’t understand brains. People commit bad acts either out of selfishness (to gain something or not lose something) or because they are crazy. There is no devil tempting people to act a certain way.

Last edited:
[I don’t believe that. Evil is a construct invented centuries ago because we didn’t understand brains. People commit acts either out of selfishness (to gain something or not lose something) or because they are crazy. There is no devil tempting people to act a certain way.
I don’t think that’s what he meant

People can certainly be evil with no devil

[I don’t believe that. Evil is a construct invented centuries ago because we didn’t understand brains. People commit acts either out of selfishness (to gain something or not lose something) or because they are crazy. There is no devil tempting people to act a certain way.
Maybe, but there are people who are perfectly lucid and do inexplicable things. Humans are capable of downright "evil" acts who otherwise have normal brain function. Evil is a whole other thread tho.

Ummmm, totally not what I'm saying.

Shouldn't education be the starting point in all this. How can we expect to change if we are unwilling to teach the change. It all starts with education, that is priority number one.

Education, mental health, thoughts and prayers, they'd get guns from somewhere else if we banned them, they'd make other weapons if they couldn't access guns. It's like a Magic 8-Ball of irrelevant excuses to distract from the only real issue.

Remember when people argued with a straight face in that other thread that people would just construct bombs if they couldn't get easy access to semi-automatic weapons? Like this guy would have constructed two home made bombs, detonated one at his grandmother's house and another at the school.

Good grief.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom