Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (6 Viewers)

One side of the aisle only cares about mental health after a domestic terrorist attack makes the news.

One side of the aisle only cares about gun control after a domestic terrorist attack makes the news.

With no fear of retribution by the voter come election season, we can't be surprised there has been no change.
There’s no way anyone can consider this a both sides issue is there?
No one honestly believes this correct?
Everyone understands this is another distraction tactic, yes?

One side of the aisle only cares about mental health after a domestic terrorist attack makes the news.

One side of the aisle only cares about gun control after a domestic terrorist attack makes the news.

With no fear of retribution by the voter come election season, we can't be surprised there has been no change.

I can't remember the last time that wasn't right after a domestic terrorist attack.

There’s no way anyone can consider this a both sides issue is there?
No one honestly believes this correct?
Everyone understands this is another distraction tactic, yes?
I try not to comment when the poster is trying to distract or bait. You know the saying “ If I agree with you we would both be wrong “

Last edited:

I'd just say both issues are valid topics, but politicians muddy the waters by pitting 1 vs the other when we should deal with both.

Sure, but the reason we do that is because we put party over country. We let ourselves be lied to because we support the guy with the letter after his name.
Again the last 20 years puts the lie to this being anything close to a both sides issue
It’s a hacky argument that is the opposite of helpful
I’m not sayin ‘both sides’ aren’t capable, but in current practice they’re nowhere close to each other

As far as I know the side that "only cares about gun control" have proposed

Renewing the 1994 assault gun ban
Banning high capacity magazines
Raising legal age of buying assault weapons from 18 to 21 or 25
Gun buyback
Red Flag Laws
Waiting/Cooling off period
Universal Background checks
Closing gun show loopholes

Other than publicly saying that the real issue is mental health, what solutions has the side that "only cares about mental health" proposed?

What mental health bills have failed to pass because the side that only cares about guns refused to vote for it?

What anti mental health ads has the side that only cares about guns put out?

In fact it seems that the side that "only cares about mental health" has repeatedly gutted mental health funding

Last edited:
Truly scary stuff
=============

Extremists and conspiracy theorists are praising the deadly May 24 mass shooting at a Texas elementary school that left 21 people dead — and are encouraging others to shoot up schools in similar attacks — the Department of Homeland Security warned on Tuesday.

"Individuals in online forums that routinely promulgate domestic violent extremist and conspiracy theory-related content have praised the May 2022 mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas and encouraged copycat attacks," Homeland Security said in a new terrorism bulletin.

It continued: "Others have seized on the event to attempt to spread disinformation and incite grievances, including claims it was a government-staged event meant to advance gun control measures."

Nineteen children and two adults were killed when an 18-year-old gunman barged into two classrooms at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde and opened fire.

The massacre — the deadliest elementary school shooting since Sandy Hook in 2012 — has sparked renewed debate over gun control legislation as the US battles a recent surge in mass shootings and other violence............

As far as I know the side that "only cares about gun control" have proposed

Renewing the 1994 assault gun ban
Banning high capacity magazines
Raising legal age of buying assault weapons from 18 to 21 or 25
Gun buyback
Waiting/Cooling off period
Universal Background checks
Closing gun show loopholes

Other than publicly saying that the real issue is mental health, what solutions has the side that "only cares about mental health" proposed?

What mental health bills have failed to pass because the side that only cares about guns refused to vote for it?

What anti mental health ads has the side that only cares about guns put out?

In fact it seems that the side that "only cares about mental health" has repeatedly gutted mental health funding
Yeah "fix the mental health problems" is not a solution.

One option I've heard is to make militia membership a requirement to gun ownership, and to "well regulate" those militias, including regular mental health screenings paid for by the applicants.

Yeah "fix the mental health problems" is not a solution.

One option I've heard is to make militia membership a requirement to gun ownership, and to "well regulate" those militias, including regular mental health screenings paid for by the applicants.
That simultaneously seems like a brilliant and horrible idea

That simultaneously seems like a brilliant and horrible idea
Can't possibly be worse than what we have going.

Plus the people who jump through the militia hoops may become more vigilant about turning in the people who skirt the rules, sort of like how no one is more anti-illegal immigrant than the people who went through the beating that are the legal channels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom