Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (2 Viewers)

You just gave me an idea for a side-hustle. Misanthropic greeting cards.

I bet someone else is already doing it. Someone else is ALWAYS doing it.
Probably at Spencer's Gifts. Unless they don't exist anymore.

CNN) - One phone call saved countless lives and prevented a potential mass shooting during July 4 celebrations in Richmond, Virginia, the police chief and mayor said Wednesday.

The "hero" tipster overheard a conversation that a mass shooting was being planned for the celebration at the Dogwood Dell amphitheater and called that information into police on July 1, said Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith during a news conference. The amphitheater seats 2,400 people, according to the city's website.

The same day as the tip, police went to a residence at the 1000 block of Columbia Ave. where they found the weapons and ammunition. In total, police found two assault rifles, one handgun and 223 rounds of ammunition at the home, Smith said……

I guess, if its easy then sure. Bet you have a cell phone that is run by a company that does some really nasty stuff like support extremist opinion news networks with dark money, funnels a tremendous amount of money into lobbying groups that do some real dirty stuff and purposely violate your rights and the law fully expecting to lose a class action lawsuit that costs them less than the profits they will make.

Everyone either has to choose the level in which they are comfortable supporting what they hate or doing without or stick their head in the sand.

I guess the argument could be made that by not being active in supporting businesses that do right puts us in this position of only having dirty companies as a choice.

You're right, there's not much I can do with my buying decisions to alter the flow of dark money or resolve harsh economic realities in third world countries. That I can't address everything doesn't mean I shouldn't address anything.

What I can do is establish my redlines and modify my behavior accordingly. For me, that means acting in instances where I can draw a more direct connection between a business and issues that resonate in my life. So if a business owner brags about supporting candidates and policies, or publicly flaunts a belief system that puts my wife's wellbeing in greater jeopardy, or deprives people of their rights and their pursuit of happiness, I can make the easy determination to not support that business.

I assume you’re implying abortion as a means of birth control?
No I’m pretty sure he means that birth control is next on the scotus docket

But less hyperbolically (even though that’s a legit concern), there has been a concentrated attack on sex ed and access to birth control for years now
That could maybe be the first plank in your better parents platform

I assume you’re implying abortion as a means of birth control?
The implication is that they aren't going to stop with outlawing abortion, but will work to outlaw other means of birth control as well.

It's already arguably happening in LA, as at least one draft of the bill (i haven't read the bill in over a month, so maybe it's changed since then) could arguably make Plan B illegal as well due to how it broadly defines a person.

Those coffee names sound like something an edgy 13 year old would come up with….

Who seriously buys stuff like that?

Uvalde, Texas (CNN) - As he lay in his own blood, with dead and dying students around him, Arnie Reyes knew help was just outside the classroom door.

Twice he heard law enforcement officers in the hallway of Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas, call out to the gunman who was in the room with him. And twice they went away…….

The people that actually care about their children and raise them to be good people, these aren't their kids arming themselves and committing these acts. This being a "free" society, how do you make people raise their children not to be mental screw ups who want nothing more than to destroy peaceful society?

How do you know?

I grew up with a kid who axe murdered his freaking mother for crack money. HIs mother was a Saint. His siblings perfect. His dad was a successful guy, little league coach and you would never have expected any of it.

He stayed the night at my house and we traveled for baseball together and his parents certainly cared.

Your post is stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom