Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (2 Viewers)

I'm glad my kid's school has an on duty resource officer during all school hours. He walks the car line every morning chatting with the parents etc... I feel like an impromptu resource officer day is in order.

I'm glad my kid's school has an on duty resource officer during all school hours. He walks the car line every morning chatting with the parents etc... I feel like an impromptu resource officer day is in order.

While I can certainly appreciate that person immensely..we’re talking about people with an AR-15 encountering someone with a handgun. The shooter was encountered by police and still killed so many.

There simply aren’t enough resources to have several armed guards at every school. Even if there were, they won’t be brandishing AR-15’s and are already at a severe disadvantage

Anything less than banning AR15’s to start is IMHO going to do next to nothing

Theatre certainly but important theatre - if politicians avoid press conferences and get tossed softballs when they do, this is maybe the best recourse

Good. Throw their “decorum” and “this is not the place” out with their bath water

I have grandkids that age and younger. I have a son who is a high school coach. I thank God they have multiple school resource officers at their schools. After Sandy Hooka guy came up with a mat that could be put down and stop the door from being opened unless the teacher removes it. It’s cheap and effective and should be in every classroom in America. My heart is crying for these children and the teachers.

The NRA did the same thing in Colorado after Columbine. The way things are these days, I don't see how this convention doesn't happen in TX and how Abbott doesn't attend.

And look... I really, really try to not bring in politics to this site... I even report meme posts in BTL, but the reality is, there is no possible way to have a discussion about this issue without politics, because like it or not, it is politics, not the guns, that have gotten us where we are.

People point to the proliferation of guns as the cause of these shootings, especially the AR-15 types, yet, ignore the cause for the proliferation of guns. And it is not the 2nd Amendment; it is the people who have made a religion out of the 2nd Amendment, who keep getting voted into office by those "responsible gun owners", who continue to pay lip service to "tighter regulations" but will not vote in the people who will effect the change, instead, choosing to vote for the yahoo blowing things up with a high power rifle in the ads they approve.

It's the voters who continue to vote into office people who openly threaten with violence in the name of the 2nd Amendment.

It is all those "pro-lifers" who'll gladly send a woman to jail for destroying a fertilized egg, but offer nothing but thoughts and prayers to the families of the children gunned down inside their schools. Maybe they should offer thoughts and prayers for the zygotes too and forego enacting laws that punish women?

It is all of those crying "mental health", who yet dismiss the biggest mental issues: the worship of guns, the worship of everything military, the idea that owning guns and preparing for the "zombie apocalypse" (code speak for the government coming from your guns) makes one a "patriot".

And one last thing, after seeing the tweet listing the instances in which an AR-15 clone was used: don't fall for the AR-15 hype. One can do as much damage, if not more, with other rifle types, or even handguns, lest we forget the Virginia Tech shooter, who used two pistols (32 dead, 17 wounded).

So, until the next school shooting...
Are guns allowed at the convention?

Military just hands them guns or is there some sort of training involved?

Noooo. I'm going from my experience, but the day you step into bootcamp until you actually fire the weapon, safety and proper weapons handling is drilled non-stop.

If they can do that with a gaggle fork of 18 year old kids, they can do it for adults before being able to buy a gun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom