Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (2 Viewers)

Sure, but we have studied it.

There's one solution and that is to prevent them from getting their hands on guns that can allow a mass killing with ease.

Make them make a bomb. Make them try to kill a classroom full of kids with a freaking sword. Try taking out a bunch of cops with an old revolver.

There is no need to study any of it or the type when it's so simple to enact reasonable regulation that violates nobody's rights other than those who should not have freaking guns.
I’m not for banning guns but I am for people having to pass a mental exam and have up to a 7 day wait period. The problem is the number of guns on the streets that can be bought way to easy. Finding all of those guns would be impossible. I also believe that if someone wants to hurt you they will find a way.

I’m not for banning guns but I am for people having to pass a mental exam and have up to a 7 day wait period. The problem is the number of guns on the streets that can be bought way to easy. Finding all of those guns would be impossible. I also believe that if someone wants to hurt you they will find a way.

So many people support these kinds of measures - control devices that add hurdles for bad actors to use guns for harm. On an individual level, you hear it from many Americans, including gun owners, gun-rights advocates, and conservatives.

Yet they are all without fail dead-on-arrival when it comes to policy discussions among lawmakers. We have an issue where a well-organized and funded lobby with support of what is a clear minority of Americans dominates the debate and ensures that nothing will ever happen.

Because there’s no political risk for them in that position. We have to change that. There has to be political risk in opposing meaningful measures that don’t “ban guns” or “take away guns” but do impact the landscape of how people acquire them and handle them.

Let me know when you find an ar15 for sale.
That you can pay check or cc for.

You ain't finding one for under 3k. Cash. Maybe more.

I read the post you quote and don’t see banning gun anywhere in that post. He also implies that it would be better to make it harder to kill a full classroom of kids. It likes you answer his post without reading it.

But that's easy to fix too and the reason it's a problem is because the gun lobby has managed to give manufacturers complete carte blanche to sell cheap guns while simultaneously brainwashing folks into thinking they need an arsenal to protect against something.

Mandatory registration accompanied by an annual or biannual confirmation of possession for all guns would be the logical start. Accompanied by criminal and huge civil penalties for not registering or not reporting transfers or theft and we're on the way to a solution.

Those who choose to not register or sell/give/lose their guns will stop fast when they are in prison or they see a friend go for life because their kid took one of their guns and shot up a street sign.

As for someone wanting to hurt me finding a way, fine. Let them find a way to hurt me with something other than a gun. I assure you that if someone wants a piece of me and they can't do it from 20 or 100 feet away they're going to think twice. Guns make it easy for cowards and sissies. Let some wimp come put his hands on someone or poke them with a pocket knife and see what happens to mass casualty rates.

Killing a grown man with your hands or a knife takes a whole lot more courage and skill than shooting up a room full of kids with a high cap semi auto. You have to get close and dirty to do that. It's not like a video game.

Last edited:
So many people support these kinds of measures - control devices that add hurdles for bad actors to use guns for harm. On an individual level, you hear it from many Americans, including gun owners, gun-rights advocates, and conservatives.

Yet they are all without fail dead-on-arrival when it comes to policy discussions among lawmakers. We have an issue where a well-organized and funded lobby with support of what is a clear minority of Americans dominates the debate and ensures that nothing will ever happen.

Because there’s no political risk for them in that position. We have to change that. There has to be political risk in opposing meaningful measures that don’t “ban guns” or “take away guns” but do impact the landscape of how people acquire them and handle them.
Without getting in particulars because reasons, I think voters need to be a bit more disciplined and not be swayed so easily by ‘single issue’ appeals

Without getting in particulars because reasons, I think voters need to be a bit more disciplined and not be swayed so easily by ‘single issue’ appeals
Agreed. Political tunnel vision has really ruined a lot of potentially positive political discourse and balanced voting choices.

But then, politicians are part of the problem because of how they frame the debate and present choices to constituents.

There are reports that the police didn’t go in after the shooter despite people yelling for them to.

There are reports that the police didn’t go in after the shooter despite people yelling for them to.
I recall one of the officials state that when the shooter had gone into the school that there was not enough manpower and they had to briefly wait for reinforcements, SWAT maybe? I think the cops already on site were just regular beat cops who probably hadn't been trained in this sort of thing. I don't know.

Reminds me of another school shooting where a cop could have gone in but chickened out. Maybe Florida?

That’s just heartbreaking.

As a father, I don’t know how I would handle this situation if our places were reversed.

More Excuses

Most elementary schools only have 1 entrance, with other doors accessible with a key that only staff have. And most elementary schools in the Dallas area require an outsider to be buzzed in twice. I don’t know what the school in Uvalde has, nor do I know what Ted had to say. I can’t listen to him anymore. He disgusts me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom