Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (10 Viewers)

I recall one of the officials state that when the shooter had gone into the school that there was not enough manpower and they had to briefly wait for reinforcements, SWAT maybe? I think the cops already on site were just regular beat cops who probably hadn't been trained in this sort of thing. I don't know.

Reminds me of another school shooting where a cop could have gone in but chickened out. Maybe Florida?

Yes, Parkland.

But yet arming teachers is somehow considered a solution.

There are reports that the police didn’t go in after the shooter despite people yelling for them to.
This is extremely hard to watch and hear their anguished screams (language)... You can hear some of them imploring the police to go in the school...

But yet arming teachers is somehow considered a solution.
If you arm enough people, they can kill enough people to stop other people from killing people. Duh

There are reports that the police didn’t go in after the shooter despite people yelling for them to.
blue lives matter

So now Texas LEO are asking the public to report people not breaking the law? It's legal to open carry in Texas.

Yes, but it's a pretty well established fact that LEOs are not in favor of more guns and open carry. The overwhelming majority of Sherriffs and Chiefs cringe every time a governor makes one of those concealed carry promises of no permit.

You know, we do need to talk about behavioural health.
For the most part they are seperate, equally important, issues that need to be adressed in the worst of ways.

However, these shootings have made it abundantly clear that we have a serious mental health problem. Not because of the shooters, but because of our response, because of the deflection and excuses, and because our unwillingness to make the most reasonable of changes to our laws is pure madness... it is painfully obvious that there is a serious problem.

This cop out to mental health is rich. So, we need better mental health services for people? That's why all these mass shootings are happening? Mental health care access?

Like Universal Healthcare/Medicare 4 All would provide?

No, you've been opposing that for as long as I've been politically aware. You must mean something else.

Not that mental health care access will stop this anyway. It would help in some instances I'm sure, but mental health isn't an exact science. And what are we even proposing? A one time 'yep, this is a solid dude/dudette' questionnaire by a bought-and-paid for therapist before a gun sale? Or what you would really need, a lifetime of evaluation and re evaluation by highly paid professionals, for as long as a person owns a gun? And regular investigations of all of the family and friends that might have access to that weapon? Riiigghhhtt.

Some people are irrational. Some people get murderously angry. Some people do impulsive things. Some people have hearts full of hatred, fear, and dread. Some people are just dumb. Some people are sadists. Some people are criminally insane. Some people are fine one day and snap the next. The list of human frailties is probably endless. It's what we are. Nothing will change that.

IT'S THE GUNS.

This cop out to mental health is rich. So, we need better mental health services for people? That's why all these mass shootings are happening? Mental health care access?

Like Universal Healthcare/Medicare 4 All would provide?

No, you've been opposing that for as long as I've been politically aware. You must mean something else.

Not that mental health care access will stop this anyway. It would help in some instances I'm sure, but mental health isn't an exact science. And what are we even proposing? A one time 'yep, this is a solid dude/dudette' questionnaire by a bought-and-paid for therapist before a gun sale? Or what you would really need, a lifetime of evaluation and re evaluation by highly paid professionals, for as long as a person owns a gun? And regular investigations of all of the family and friends that might have access to that weapon? Riiigghhhtt.

Some people are irrational. Some people get murderously angry. Some people do impulsive things. Some people have hearts full of hatred, fear, and dread. Some people are just dumb. Some people are sadists. Some people are criminally insane. Some people are fine one day and snap the next. The list of human frailties is probably endless. It's what we are. Nothing will change that.

IT'S THE GUNS.
Dont know if that is in response to me.
I was saying mental healthcare is necessary because our unwillingness to change our gun laws proves we have seriouis issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom