Saints Short Update on Kamara’s legal situation (from WWL) (1 Viewer)

What's strange is that there doesn't seem to be any indication that people saw a video until this discussion. It's possible that I've just completely missed that, but scanning through the original thread, it ended with people wondering if or when the video might be released. If those claims were made in previous discussions, I would welcome the opportunity to be corrected, and even better, if somebody can turn up a source to view the video.
Well, there are a few posts that state, "Tweet no long available."

Soooo... it might have been in one of those posts...

There should be some update on the LV hearing today once done!

Here's a homework assignment for anyone who's throwing AK in jail. Next time you're out and about in public, find a group of strangers and start talking mad disrespectful to them...if they have a wife/GF with 'em call her ugly or hell call their kids ugly. See what happens next.

Then afterwards, ask yourself....did you deserve to get your arse whipped?

I've never gotten jumped by a group of guys averaging a whole foot taller than me...wanna know why? because I never talked reckless to a group of strangers.

Here's a homework assignment for anyone who's throwing AK in jail. Next time you're out and about in public, find a group of strangers and start talking mad disrespectful to them...if they have a wife/GF with 'em call her ugly or hell call their kids ugly. See what happens next.

I've never gotten jumped by a group of guys averaging a whole foot taller than me...wanna know why? because I never talked reckless to a group of strangers.
Street justice smarts says don't put yourself in situations in which other people could act out in such a way. Lawful justice smarts says don't beat someone unconscious and then some because he was being a big meanie with his words.

If Kamara ends up with a prison sentence, he'll be the only one responsible for "throwing" himself in jail by choosing to commit a violent crime. Kamara is the only one to blame for his crime and whatever consequences he might face. Kamara is not a victim of anyone other than himself and his violent choice. He's not a victim of the person who was beaten and he's not a victim of the friends he chose to be with.

Nobody made Kamara do what he did and no amount of "talking mad disrespect" justifies the violent crime that Kamara chose to commit. Kamara had plenty of non-violent options to choose from. He chose violence instead. He should be held accountable for that. Because of Kamara's financial and social status, he probably won't be held accountable for what he chose to do.

Almost everyone who commits violence against another person tells themselves and anyone who will listen that "the other person deserved it." If we allow the defense that a victim of violence deserved it, then we allow the justification of everyone of us to be the victim of violence, because every one of us has at least one person who thinks we deserve some violence thrown our way.

I'm not condoning what AK did...all I'm saying is that there are societal norms....ever use the phrase "I bet he wouldn't say that to his face"??? Wanna know why you said that someone isn't brave enough to say something to someone's face, because there is almost an expectation of someone getting physically checked for talking reckless. What would you say of a person who jumped into a cage with a panther and got mauled?

I said this back when this whole thing jumped off...we need to look into the why stinkbug was there to get jumped...If this happened anywhere else but Vegas (where there's a subset of people who are shady as hell and would do almost anything for a buck) and if he were a schoolteacher, pharmacist, database admin, hell even a cashier at a grocery store...I'd probably be right where the good bulk of you are on this issue. But he's a broke down party promoter in Vegas (read unemployed hustler) w/ 50 twitter followers who seemed to always be talking about money and b---es (he didn't have either) who happened to come across a group of millionaire athletes who he then in turn spouted off at the mouth at, and got checked...did he think he was going to get the s stomped out of him? - probably not, but I'm willing to bet he was expecting to get hit...so he can get paid.

Usually folks that are "bout that life" who get their a beat, don't immediately run to the police and drop dime on who did it....he went to the hospital singing Kamara's name like a parrot.

I'm not condoning what AK did...all I'm saying is that there are societal norms....ever use the phrase "I bet he wouldn't say that to his face"??? Wanna know why you said that someone isn't brave enough to say something to someone's face, because there is almost an expectation of someone getting physically checked for talking reckless. What would you say of a person who jumped into a cage with a panther and got mauled?

I said this back when this whole thing jumped off...we need to look into the why stinkbug was there to get jumped...If this happened anywhere else but Vegas (where there's a subset of people who are shady as hell and would do almost anything for a buck) and if he were a schoolteacher, pharmacist, database admin, hell even a cashier at a grocery store...I'd probably be right where the good bulk of you are on this issue. But he's a broke down party promoter in Vegas (read unemployed hustler) w/ 50 twitter followers who seemed to always be talking about money and b---es (he didn't have either) who happened to come across a group of millionaire athletes who he then in turn spouted off at the mouth at, and got checked...did he think he was going to get the s stomped out of him? - probably not, but I'm willing to bet he was expecting to get hit...so he can get paid.

Usually folks that are "bout that life" who get their a beat, don't immediately run to the police and drop dime on who did it....he went to the hospital singing Kamara's name like a parrot.
Seems like like you are condoning it. You are excusing it. Regardless of whatever is said to someone, by law you don't have the right to beat a person unconscious to a point where a person could of died. If Kamara did what Mike Tyson did to that passenger that harassed him on the plane, then this wouldn't be such a issue. Take the Mike Tyson incident. From reading through, most people agreed the passenger had it coming and Tyson was justified in hitting him. Charges were never filed and case closed. Kamara and his buddies went way beyond what you called "societal norms". If that is societal norms, then we have some major issue in this country. Judge and prosecutors are looking at the videos and pictures. What was said by the victim may not factor that much. You think what Ray Rice wife said before the punch had any bearing? There are people here had seen the video. I have not seen the video. Not calling it just yet. However, for Kamara sake, the video better show some evidence that the victim physically came at them or threw the first physical punch and the guys were only defending themselves. Then the narrative will changed.

You've been blaming the victim from the very begging and you clearly are not going to stop.

I guess you also think a woman who is "foolish" enough to dress "provocatively" and/or "flirt" with men are to blame if they get raped.

It's the same mentality of "people should know their place and if they step out of line, then they deserve whatever happens to them and only have themselves to blame for it."

Kamara had non-violent options. Kamara chose violence. End of story.

You've been blaming the victim from the very begging and you clearly are not going to stop.

I guess you also think a woman who is "foolish" enough to dress "provocatively" and/or "flirt" with men are to blame if they get raped.

It's the same mentality.

It's the old "they had it coming" argument.

It's the same mentality of "people should know their place and if they step out of line, then they deserve whatever happens to them and only have themselves to blame for it."

Wow....you don't even believe what you posted...this goes way beyond a "girl dressing provacatively"....this is a girl texting you, telling you all the nasty things she'll do to you ("I'll whup your arse too" - stinkbug)...then showing up to your door dressed provocatively...then crying assault afterwards.

everyone chose violence that evening...end of story

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom