Saints Short Update on Kamara’s legal situation (from WWL) (6 Viewers)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on what happens I'm guessing he's gone for 6-8 games if not longer.

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
The last cuts for running backs in pre season could be something to watch.
I'm hoping Abram Smith shines in camp and Ingram stays healthy.
The wait and see approach is gonna get some fans stressed out .
Let's hope his lawyer knows what they're doing

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With the talent at reciever having serviceable running backs to keep the defense honest is all we really need, having Kamara is an obvious luxury and would thrive in an offense (especially the passing game) with WR's like Thomas, Landry, Olave, Harty and Calloway running routes and a big play QB in Winston throwing them the ball.

Bongi

LSU Tiger 4 Life
Reaction score
Speculative at best. Click bait journalism. No previous record and a good lawyer means he pays a settlement and gets probation. League will give him a suspension. I would say of the six week variety. I can speculate too. Doesn’t mean my opinion matters either.
My prediction: Kamara gets at least 8 games. Watson gets zero punishment. 26 complaints and the NFL sees NOTHING.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Speculative at best. Click bait journalism. No previous record and a good lawyer means he pays a settlement and gets probation. League will give him a suspension. I would say of the six week variety. I can speculate too. Doesn’t mean my opinion matters either.
I thought I read earlier in this cluster that once the charges were filed and being a felony he basically has a slim to none chance of not being prosecuted. Shame that he comes across as a stand up guy and probably just made a bad decision in a tough situation but if he did in fact beat on a guy that was already down then it is what it is at that point. I'm 100% going to wait for the trial or evidence to form an actual opinion but the lead in certainly doesn't paint him I'm the best light.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
As much as I hate the Pro Bowl, I think the issue lies with Kamara...not the Pro Bowl.
Yep. Pro Bowl had ZERO to do with his decision to pummel someone after they were down and out. It was his decision and his decision alone. Bad decision and irrational, for whatever reason. No excuses.

liveoakh

Rookie
Reaction score
6 game suspension...at most
When the video is released, and it will be, because someone will file the FOIA. The police have already released the ugly details of the crime anyway. Kamara is seen on video punching the guy 8 times, both conscious and unconscious. Kamara meets the standard 2 times. Knocking him unconscious, and breaking his orbital bone (eye socket) on film.

I have looked at the defenses of people charged with this crime, and Kamara meets none of them. What is lost on some on SR is that politicians ran for office on law and order and put this 1 to 5 yr great bodily harm (GBH) law on the books, to discourage famous, wealthy offenders, from buying their way out of violent crimes. So, when the video gets out, some enterprising DA is going to run for office on it.

The larger point is the Saints can't just assume Kamara will be back this year...........at all! Sure, it could happen, nothing is 100% either way. The Saints will wait to see if Kamara can cut a plea deal, and will sign a vet after the teams cut to a 53 man roster.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
the saints legal team has likely already been out there with his lawyer and the cops talking about it, im sure they prob even saw the video. if they arent trying to trade for a RB or signing guys like johnson ( they have the money to overpay if needed ) then they either know it wont be the whole year/jail, or they are really comfortable with the guys they have

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom