Saints Short Update on Kamara’s legal situation (from WWL) (2 Viewers)

6 game suspension...at most
When the video is released, and it will be, because someone will file the FOIA. The police have already released the ugly details of the crime anyway. Kamara is seen on video punching the guy 8 times, both conscious and unconscious. Kamara meets the standard 2 times. Knocking him unconscious, and breaking his orbital bone (eye socket) on film.

I have looked at the defenses of people charged with this crime, and Kamara meets none of them. What is lost on some on SR is that politicians ran for office on law and order and put this 1 to 5 yr great bodily harm (GBH) law on the books, to discourage famous, wealthy offenders, from buying their way out of violent crimes. So, when the video gets out, some enterprising DA is going to run for office on it.

The larger point is the Saints can't just assume Kamara will be back this year...........at all! Sure, it could happen, nothing is 100% either way. The Saints will wait to see if Kamara can cut a plea deal, and will sign a vet after the teams cut to a 53 man roster.

the saints legal team has likely already been out there with his lawyer and the cops talking about it, im sure they prob even saw the video. if they arent trying to trade for a RB or signing guys like johnson ( they have the money to overpay if needed ) then they either know it wont be the whole year/jail, or they are really comfortable with the guys they have

the saints legal team has likely already been out there with his lawyer and the cops talking about it, im sure they prob even saw the video. if they arent trying to trade for a RB or signing guys like johnson ( they have the money to overpay if needed ) then they either know it wont be the whole year/jail, or they are really comfortable with the guys they have
I think they are waiting to see if AK can quickly cut a plea deal, feeling they can address RB with a vet after teams cut to 53.

Doubt the saints legal team has any standing in this case. They may be hearing from kamara’s lawyer, but the cops and prosecutors have no obligation to tell the saints anything. If anything, the saints butting in trying to get information is not likely to help kamara’s case or the teams media perception of integrity by only caring about the perpetrator because he one of there best players.

I thought I read earlier in this cluster that once the charges were filed and being a felony he basically has a slim to none chance of not being prosecuted. Shame that he comes across as a stand up guy and probably just made a bad decision in a tough situation but if he did in fact beat on a guy that was already down then it is what it is at that point. I'm 100% going to wait for the trial or evidence to form an actual opinion but the lead in certainly doesn't paint him I'm the best light.
I personally don’t want to be like these hypocritical Browns fans hoping that their sexual predator gets off without punishment.

This is a game and entertainment. I don’t know what happened with Kamara, but if the allegations hold up, he absolutely deserves punishment. That’s just me.

If he would end up doing time how would his contract work cap space wise, would we just take a hit or would we free up space. Hopefully doesn't come to this.

The Saints know more than Amy Dash, or Mike D, or anyone else outside of the organization… and they haven’t freaked to the point of signing a new RB. In fact, David Johnson just got told “no thanks”.

Give your ***** a tug, and sort yourselves out..
Ok Shoresy ;), I wanna respond via Riley/Jonesy but site rules...

I saw the video. I can't be the only one. He pounds the guy repeatedly in the face and when he went down his boys and he proceeded to stomp the hell out of him. It's was vicious! If he had just backed off when the guy went down he'd be in a lot less trouble.

I'm as big a fan as any of us but if it had been any of us we'd probably wind up in prison along with our friends.

If he doesn't it will be because he's rich and famous.

I saw the video. I can't be the only one. He pounds the guy repeatedly in the face and when he went down his boys and he proceeded to stomp the hell out of him. It's was vicious! If he had just backed off when the guy went down he'd be in a lot less trouble.

I'm as big a fan as any of us but if it had been any of us we'd probably wind up in prison along with our friends.

If he doesn't it will be because he's rich and famous.
Where did you see it?

It was on television the week after it happened. I don't remember where it was. I don't have ESPN or anything like that so it have main stream media.
Oh ok. I didn't get a chance to see it. I reserve any judgement until I see it but from what you are saying, need to take the Saints blindfold off and be real. This is not some petty fight with both side throwing punches. This is not a typical bar fight. Funny this incident hasn't been covered by the national sports media.

It was on television the week after it happened. I don't remember where it was. I don't have ESPN or anything like that so it have main stream media.
I hate to tell people that they didn't see something that they believe they saw....but you didn't see the Kamara video.

I'm not going to minimize what AK did, but I'm also not going to trump it up either....they beat the hell out of this dude, BUUUUUT people whip arse everyday in this country...including poor people and they don't end up in jail - hell, we live in a city where someone can shoot at someone and be charged w/ "Battery by shooting", if that ain't some minimalizing BS I don't know what is...so I refuse to think AK is going to do ANY jail time over his first offense for tuning a guy up in a club.

Think about this: If it was sooooo bad, they would've pulled his passport and kept him in LV, dude done left the country twice since.

Having just served on a jury last week, all-- and I mean all-- I can tell you is that lawyers and expert witnesses make a big difference and that juries are unpredictable.

Then, we have the issue of the incompetence of the current commissioner. It's virtually impossible to predict the outcome of this horrendous case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom