Shot in the Eye (1 Viewer)

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
Has anyone on this board ever had an injection in the Eye Ball. I am due for my second one this coming Monday. I have scar tissue behind the Retina on my right eye. Dr. is injecting steroids trying to stave off surgery. If this one doesn't finish reducing the scar tissue, they it will surgically remove it. Back to the point, the injection is an experience that should be an "once in a life time" event. To have to have a second one is just cruel. They use multiple drops to deaden the eye ball before the injection so as to subdue the pain. DOESN'T WORK. The first one was like someone pulling your eye by hand. Had severe headache afterwards and spent the rest of the day in bed. This Monday I have this to look forward to (see what I did there) again. :no:

Yeah, that doesn't sound fun at all.

I hope it works out in sufficiently reducing the scar tissue, at least.

Best of luck to you.

I haven't had lasik performed because the metal clamps they slide under your eye lids to keep them open freak me out. I do not envey you at all.

ralphie.jpg

Has anyone on this board ever had an injection in the Eye Ball. I am due for my second one this coming Monday. I have scar tissue behind the Retina on my right eye. Dr. is injecting steroids trying to stave off surgery. If this one doesn't finish reducing the scar tissue, they it will surgically remove it. Back to the point, the injection is an experience that should be an "once in a life time" event. To have to have a second one is just cruel. They use multiple drops to deaden the eye ball before the injection so as to subdue the pain. DOESN'T WORK. The first one was like someone pulling your eye by hand. Had severe headache afterwards and spent the rest of the day in bed. This Monday I have this to look forward to (see what I did there) again. :no:

hey OSF,ask you dr. about using prednisolone,they are steriod drops.when i get a iritis flare up in my right eye, i take the drops once every hour for a full 12 hours...works everytime.i wonder if that would help with your scar tissue issue? wouldn't hurt to ask before you get the injection.

best of luck to you.

I could not read the OP of this thread. They would have to knock me out before getting near my eye with a needle. I don't even want to think about it.

Damn you, I can not stop thinking about it.

Mods, please delete thread title.

Sounds about as bad as having a stent removed from your pee hole post kidney stone surgery. Good luck!

I'm thinking that the headache has to do with the increased pressure which is a result of the injection. Maybe he could use the syringe to remove a little fluid before introducing more.

Just trying to let you see where I'm comin' from. (See? I can make optical puns too!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom