Should Alvin Kamara play another down for the Saints this season? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm sitting here trying to make myself believe that the Saints could realisticly still make a push for a Wild Card spot provided that certain players like Kamara get healthy. But will that happen? Is it even worth it? I know the common theme is if you're healthy you play. However, with the QB situation in flux, losses piling up and how Sean Payton is always over careful when it comes to injuries as much as I hate to say we may have seen the last of Alvin Kamara this season.

I'm sitting here trying to make myself believe that the Saints could realisticly still make a push for a Wild Card spot provided that certain players like Kamara get healthy. But will that happen? Is it even worth it? I know the common theme is if you're healthy you play. However, with the QB situation in flux, losses piling up and how Sean Payton is always over careful when it comes to injuries as much as I hate to say we may have seen the last of Alvin Kamara this season.
Nah, I think they should just shut him down because I believe they are not being forthcoming about his injury. Payton saying "he has a knee" has historically meant that he has some sort of ligament trouble and could require surgery.

Nah, I think they should just shut him down because I believe they are not being forthcoming about his injury. Payton saying "he has a knee" has historically meant that he has some sort of ligament trouble and could require surgery.
There's no point to it...TBH I think the same is being done w/ Davenport on the Defensive side. Any other year they'd probably still be playing but given how this year is gone, they've probably shut down a few knicked up players here and there

Nope, it's pointless at this stage. He's too valuable just so can have an extra weapon for the next backup QB. Let Ingram and Jones carry the load.

Alvin ain't about that life, but he got fed up with fans treated him when played injuries for Drew. So, he won't be back till he's 100% and no less.

Season ending injuries can happen game 1 of next year. That's part of the game. Got to keep playing for the fans who paid good money to see stars, and not practice squad players.
Well I got news for you...you're seeing practice squad players anyway. Kamara isn't going to be Kamara w/ these circumstances, he's going to be boxed and bracketed to the point where he's ineffective no matter how many touches he gets.

It'll be like watching Lewis Hamilton drive an F1 race in a Prius.

As long as we're mathematically alive in the playoff hunt, you absolutely play all available players that could improve your chances of reaching the playoffs.

I think this is a fair question though, if a star player would have to play through an injury that could cause more damage.

If AK is even 75% (no player is 100% this late in the season), then he needs to play as long as there's a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom