Should Alvin Kamara play another down for the Saints this season? (1 Viewer)

Why do some of y’all presume Kamara will be rushed back? He has a sprained knee and has already been out a few weeks. This is not a season ending injury. Who have the Saints “rushed back” from injury this season? When Kamara’s ready, he’ll return.

Nah, I think they should just shut him down because I believe they are not being forthcoming about his injury. Payton saying "he has a knee" has historically meant that he has some sort of ligament trouble and could require surgery.
Theoretically that sounds good but in reality why not take that tact with every starter? People pay to see two teams do their best. Sitting healthy players to save them for next year could be seen as intentionally losing. If, as you say, he is genuinely injured that is one thing. Otherwise, you should play.

Theoretically that sounds good but in reality why not take that tact with every starter? People pay to see two teams do their best. Sitting healthy players to save them for next year could be seen as intentionally losing. If, as you say, he is genuinely injured that is one thing. Otherwise, you should play.
If I were a corporate sponsor I would not like the team to intentionally sit stars and lose. Why would I pay big money to sponsor an intentionally crappy product that nobody wants to watch?

If there's any chance that our QB(s) for the rest of the season will be playing QB in 2022, they need to play with Kamara if he's healthy.

Kamara's production in the passing game is way down without Brees. Our current QB's need to learn how to use him better. Especially Taysom if he's the one playing.

If they shut him down, they had better clear it with him, because doing so would probably get into his wallet. Careers are short in the NFL. Taking away some earning potential out of fear needs to be carefully thought out.

I can't imagine that there is a player on our team who would be happy with the idea of shutting down their season early if they are physically capable of being on the field. Every players wants the chance to prove his worth to both the fans and their teammates. Not to mention that I don't think that the Saints believe they are eliminated from the postseason just yet. Who's to say that they may not want that extra paycheck for getting into the playoffs? :unsure:

Last edited:
Unless we are completely eliminated from the playoff they should go all out.
Hopefully we will get a majority of our injured players back while the other teams are by that time dealing with injuries and nursing their own wounds.

Of course the saints are short in the qb department so that will hinder any chance they have

Sitting healthy players to save them for next year could be seen as intentionally losing.
The key word here is healthy. 12 weeks in, everyone in the league is banged up. The question is a player hurt, where they would play if it were a playoff game, or are they injured, where they couldn't play?

Personally, as long as the team has a chance for the postseason, and the player isn't injured, then they should play. Injured players should sit no matter what.

Let's not forget that a 9-7 Giants team won the SuperBowl from the 6th seed and that a 7-9 Seahawks took out the Saints in the postseason. So, the team should do whatever it takes to try to secure a playoff berth until they are eliminated from contention.

SFIAH

He's on my Fantasy football team , he can sit after week 16.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom