Should Colsten play vs SF? (1 Viewer)

maestreaux

Cajun Saint
Reaction score
Payton said that Colsten could go yesterday vs Falcons but held him out as a precauton. Should he do the same vs. SF? Obviously we are going to need him at 100% against Dallas. I think sitting him out against the 49ers would be a good move.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He should get back in the thick of things if he's 100% and not until IMO.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I think he should play spot duty this week to make sure he gets totally healthy for the Dallas game. Maybe split time with henderson 50-50 at the number 2 spot.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If he's 90% or 95%, etc, that's fine. The major concern was reinjury, not how close to 100% he was I would guess. A 95% Colston is still arguably the best WR on our roster.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton said that Colsten could go yesterday vs Falcons but held him out as a precauton. Should he do the same vs. SF? Obviously we are going to need him at 100% against Dallas. I think sitting him out against the 49ers would be a good move.

If he can practice, he needs to play. He certainly looked like he wanted to play real bad yesterday. This is not the "D. Stallworth (hamstring)" Saints. These are the new, improved "hit you in the mouth" Saints. They played injured.

This is the time to get it done. We are not sitting at 9-2 on top of the NFC. NO TIME TO REST NOW.

We need our big possession receiver back in the game. We need the ball control that Colston brings. SF is not going to be an easy game.

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
SF will noy lay down,if he can play then play him!
I've been saying this about the 49ers since after the game. Their backs are against the wall. They are a hungry young team and we will need all hands on deck for this one!

RgnKjnDroid

Very Banned
Reaction score
Well he was good enough to play this week per Payton but they held him out as a precaution only. If Colston doesn't re-aggravate it this week, he's playin'! :aduncan:

RgnKjnDroid

Very Banned
Reaction score
Those saying to sit him until Dallas when we 'really need him' are disregarding the 49ers. I hope our team doesn't do the same. That's how you lose games.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To paraphrase what Payton said on the Sirius radio's NFL Channel 124 this morning, Payton said that he almost activated Colston yesterday, but decided not to risk a regression. He also said that a couple more days rest and Colston should be good to go Wednesday. He said that it was likely that Colston would play this coming Sunday.

From that, I would say that Colston is probable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Should we be concerned about Drew Brees and the Saints? SR News Page Articles 0
Should NFL abandon the mask rule for coaches? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Week 2 rooting guide: Who Saints fans should want to win and who they should be rooting against Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Focus on New Orleans: Why Raiders should be worried about how Saints won opener SR News Page Articles 0
Saints lineman Nick Easton has been ready to play wherever he's been needed Saints RSS News Feeds 0
I know why Coach Payton has lost his play calling mojo... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Davante Adams: “Too early to tell” if I can play this week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
If MT says he is good and the Dr Approves..Let Him Play Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Saint Lattimore Saints Michael Thomas “has a shot” to play Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
james_k_p Video 2020 Highlight Shows Week 01 - Final Play, 4th down on 4, B&G Review Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Saints Which unexpected Saints player will make a big play on MNF? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Bruce Arians surprised Tom Brady didn’t play better, expects a bounce-back Saints RSS News Feeds 0