Should Colsten play vs SF? (1 Viewer)

maestreaux

Cajun Saint
Reaction score
Payton said that Colsten could go yesterday vs Falcons but held him out as a precauton. Should he do the same vs. SF? Obviously we are going to need him at 100% against Dallas. I think sitting him out against the 49ers would be a good move.

If he can play, play him. This is not college ball. You have to play to win every game.

He should get back in the thick of things if he's 100% and not until IMO.

I think he should play spot duty this week to make sure he gets totally healthy for the Dallas game. Maybe split time with henderson 50-50 at the number 2 spot.

If he's 90% or 95%, etc, that's fine. The major concern was reinjury, not how close to 100% he was I would guess. A 95% Colston is still arguably the best WR on our roster.

Only if he is 100%. Being in a game is not like practice. You get better by playing.

Payton said that Colsten could go yesterday vs Falcons but held him out as a precauton. Should he do the same vs. SF? Obviously we are going to need him at 100% against Dallas. I think sitting him out against the 49ers would be a good move.

If he can practice, he needs to play. He certainly looked like he wanted to play real bad yesterday. This is not the "D. Stallworth (hamstring)" Saints. These are the new, improved "hit you in the mouth" Saints. They played injured.

This is the time to get it done. We are not sitting at 9-2 on top of the NFC. NO TIME TO REST NOW.

We need our big possession receiver back in the game. We need the ball control that Colston brings. SF is not going to be an easy game.

SF will noy lay down,if he can play then play him!

I've been saying this about the 49ers since after the game. Their backs are against the wall. They are a hungry young team and we will need all hands on deck for this one!

Well he was good enough to play this week per Payton but they held him out as a precaution only. If Colston doesn't re-aggravate it this week, he's playin'! :aduncan:

Those saying to sit him until Dallas when we 'really need him' are disregarding the 49ers. I hope our team doesn't do the same. That's how you lose games.

To paraphrase what Payton said on the Sirius radio's NFL Channel 124 this morning, Payton said that he almost activated Colston yesterday, but decided not to risk a regression. He also said that a couple more days rest and Colston should be good to go Wednesday. He said that it was likely that Colston would play this coming Sunday.

From that, I would say that Colston is probable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom