Should he play if he's ailing? (1 Viewer)

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I hope this is not in another thread. If so, merge or delete.

I know we have another day or two before a better assessment is given, but should Reggie sit or should he play? If he IS hurting, do you think he is feeling pressure about sitting out and wants to play just to "be a man".

Not to sound cocky, but I think we can sit him for a week and let him heal more instead of pushing him in too soon and he really hurts himself and isn't able to play later in the year *cough playoffs*. Not that I am thinking this is an easy win, but the Bucs aren't that great at the run D especially since McFarlane is gone. A nice healthy (for us) dose of Karney and McCallister can put us in a win situation without Reg.

JG2345

We Still Believe!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Its gonna be hard to keep him out if he feels ok. The way he is under the microscope I don't think he sits. the way Deuce shredded their D I think the bucs will focus on stopping him. Reggie could see more room than usual.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Its just his ankle, not a high sprain but just a regular ankle sprain..that was tweaked he is ok, you can just tape that up tight, not a big deal.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's likely that Reggie will want to suck it up and practice hard to make himself available to play this Sunday.

However, it will be up to the coaching staff to determine if he should or will play against the Bucs.

I'm sure that he doesn't want to act like he can't play.

That never goes over very well. :eek:

OP
geauxboy

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll never come out and say he DOESN'T wanna play. If it's a simple sprain and not a high ankle sprain, tape it up and use him sparingly until they can re-evaluate his situation.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I think this is stupid. Reggie is an NFL RB people... He has a sprained ankle, they'll tape it up and he's good to go. I was more worried when he had his achilles giving him some problems early in the season. I expect Reggie to do what any other RB would do in the same situation... and that's play. I mean Dang... Deuce had a high ankle sprain 2 seasons ago (which is way worse than what Reggie's got) and he came out and punched Tampa in the face on one leg! Nobody was talking about sitting him that game, and letting him heal!

Reggie's gonna play, and play hard.

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I know this may sound odd but I think this a decision that will be a team RB decision. Let’s not forget Deuce’s knee was swollen on Sunday which did not allow him to cut. One of them has to step up and I think that the Hamstring injury was a cover up. When I went back and looked at the replay I think Duece tweked his knee a bit. I am not trying to start a rumor but that’s what it looked like to me. I do not think it is serious because he would not have played but I hope they both step up and play Sunday.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know this may sound odd but I think this a decision that will be a team RB decision. Let’s not forget Deuce’s knee was swollen on Sunday which did not allow him to cut. One of them has to step up and I think that the Hamstring injury was a cover up. When I went back and looked at the replay I think Duece tweked his knee a bit. I am not trying to start a rumor but that’s what it looked like to me. I do not think it is serious because he would not have played but I hope they both step up and play Sunday.
Deuce has a good history against the Bucs, especially straight-ahead, downhill running. When he was gimpy with a high ankle sprain, he still plowed for over 100 yards against them and the Bucs were stacking the line. I'll bet both play, Sunday, to divide the defenses attention and continue to open things up for each other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Should we be concerned about Drew Brees and the Saints? SR News Page Articles 0
Should NFL abandon the mask rule for coaches? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Week 2 rooting guide: Who Saints fans should want to win and who they should be rooting against Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Davante Adams doubtful, but still hoping to play tonight Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints lineman Nick Easton has been ready to play wherever he's been needed Saints RSS News Feeds 0
I know why Coach Payton has lost his play calling mojo... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Davante Adams: “Too early to tell” if I can play this week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
If MT says he is good and the Dr Approves..Let Him Play Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Saint Lattimore Saints Michael Thomas “has a shot” to play Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
james_k_p Video 2020 Highlight Shows Week 01 - Final Play, 4th down on 4, B&G Review Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Saints Which unexpected Saints player will make a big play on MNF? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46