Should he play if he's ailing? (1 Viewer)

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
Reaction score
I hope this is not in another thread. If so, merge or delete.

I know we have another day or two before a better assessment is given, but should Reggie sit or should he play? If he IS hurting, do you think he is feeling pressure about sitting out and wants to play just to "be a man".

Not to sound cocky, but I think we can sit him for a week and let him heal more instead of pushing him in too soon and he really hurts himself and isn't able to play later in the year *cough playoffs*. Not that I am thinking this is an easy win, but the Bucs aren't that great at the run D especially since McFarlane is gone. A nice healthy (for us) dose of Karney and McCallister can put us in a win situation without Reg.

Its gonna be hard to keep him out if he feels ok. The way he is under the microscope I don't think he sits. the way Deuce shredded their D I think the bucs will focus on stopping him. Reggie could see more room than usual.

Its just his ankle, not a high sprain but just a regular ankle sprain..that was tweaked he is ok, you can just tape that up tight, not a big deal.

It's likely that Reggie will want to suck it up and practice hard to make himself available to play this Sunday.

However, it will be up to the coaching staff to determine if he should or will play against the Bucs.

I'm sure that he doesn't want to act like he can't play.

That never goes over very well. :eek:

I'm sure he'll never come out and say he DOESN'T wanna play. If it's a simple sprain and not a high ankle sprain, tape it up and use him sparingly until they can re-evaluate his situation.

I'm sorry, but I think this is stupid. Reggie is an NFL RB people... He has a sprained ankle, they'll tape it up and he's good to go. I was more worried when he had his achilles giving him some problems early in the season. I expect Reggie to do what any other RB would do in the same situation... and that's play. I mean Dang... Deuce had a high ankle sprain 2 seasons ago (which is way worse than what Reggie's got) and he came out and punched Tampa in the face on one leg! Nobody was talking about sitting him that game, and letting him heal!

Reggie's gonna play, and play hard.

I know this may sound odd but I think this a decision that will be a team RB decision. Let’s not forget Deuce’s knee was swollen on Sunday which did not allow him to cut. One of them has to step up and I think that the Hamstring injury was a cover up. When I went back and looked at the replay I think Duece tweked his knee a bit. I am not trying to start a rumor but that’s what it looked like to me. I do not think it is serious because he would not have played but I hope they both step up and play Sunday.

I know this may sound odd but I think this a decision that will be a team RB decision. Let’s not forget Deuce’s knee was swollen on Sunday which did not allow him to cut. One of them has to step up and I think that the Hamstring injury was a cover up. When I went back and looked at the replay I think Duece tweked his knee a bit. I am not trying to start a rumor but that’s what it looked like to me. I do not think it is serious because he would not have played but I hope they both step up and play Sunday.

Deuce has a good history against the Bucs, especially straight-ahead, downhill running. When he was gimpy with a high ankle sprain, he still plowed for over 100 yards against them and the Bucs were stacking the line. I'll bet both play, Sunday, to divide the defenses attention and continue to open things up for each other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom