Should Horn be in as a Decoy? (1 Viewer)

topher

Reaction score
Joe Horn might be 70 - 80% , but when you are pulling out all the stops can’t he still play a part?
I think Payton will use Horn in this game as a Decoy. Line him up with Deuce, Colston, Henderson, and Bush. This will force a double coverage. But he will let Brees know not to pass to him. Horn will run routes to pull off the secondary.
Good or Bad idea?

Joe Horn might be 70 - 80% , but when you are pulling out all the stops can’t he still play a part?
I think Payton will use Horn in this game as a Decoy. Line him up with Deuce, Colston, Henderson, and Bush. This will force a double coverage. But he will let Brees know not to pass to him. Horn will run routes to pull off the secondary.
Good or Bad idea?

I get what you're saying, but I think the pass game is more complicated than that. There are a series of routes and QB checkdowns- and reads. Having a "decoy route" to run isn't really a good idea.

It sounds to me like his problem (with a torn groin!) is running. So I think if he could actually run the routes, he would be playing. The running is the problem not the catching.

Payton would never march someone out there only to serve as a decoy, but hypothetically speaking Terrance Copper would still make a better decoy than Horn since he is 100% healthy.

I don't think Joe Horn is going to play unless he practices and shows SP that hes good to go.

Bush has been one all year. Why not use Horn on a short inside patern to pull urlacher?

No way, the ball is spread out way to much with success than to think that just because it says Horn on a jersey, the defense will line up any differently. Now if he had been burning teams lately, than sure.

Not to mention if he goes down injured we get screwed and a good size chunk of the playbook gets thrown away!

Bush has been one all year. Why not use Horn on a short inside patern to pull urlacher?

He can't run. If Horn could run a route at speed enough to pull Urlacher off a play, he would be starting. It's the running the route part that is keeping him off the field.

Your whole idea is based on the premise that Horn can run routes. His problem is that he can't run. If he could run, he wouldn't have a problem. He would be starting.

No way, the ball is spread out way to much with success than to think that just because it says Horn on a jersey, the defense will line up any differently. Now if he had been burning teams lately, than sure.

Not to mention if he goes down injured we get screwed and a good size chunk of the playbook gets thrown away!

Ya but we havent had that playbook with horn for weeks. And teams do not know if he is still hurt. I'm just saying if Horn moves to urlacher's assignment he will have to cover him, and if he doesnt, short pass to Horn and lay down.

He can't run. If Horn could run a route at speed enough to pull Urlacher off a play, he would be starting. It's the running the route part that is keeping him off the field.

Your whole idea is based on the premise that Horn can run routes. His problem is that he can't run. If he could run, he wouldn't have a problem. He would be starting.

His route would be 10 yards to urlacher's area. He can do that.

I don't think Joe Horn is going to play unless he practices and shows SP that hes good to go.

He practiced today and yesterday.

He's been upgraded from questionable to "probable," per Payton press conference today. Ditto for Mark Campbell and Stoutemire.

His route would be 10 yards to urlacher's area. He can do that.

How do you know he can do that? It sounds like every time he takes the field, he has a hard time being able to run properly. He tore his groin.

I mean if Joe can stop urlacher from commanding the field with short plays in his area, that would be worth gold.

man, I hope he plays, he deserves it.

It is the risk of him pulling up lame that worries me.

Plus, at 90% is he better than Copper at 100%? Also, correct me wrong former players, but I would think that blocking is harder on your groin muscle than route running. And my understanding is that Copper is a great downfield blocker.

He practiced today and yesterday.

He's been upgraded from questionable to "probable," per Payton press conference today. Ditto for Mark Campbell and Stoutemire.

NFLN today said he didn't practice today. And I thought that press conference thing was determined to be incorrect- that he said that "Campbell was probable and Joe was the same" didn't mean that Joe was probable- but that his status hadn't changed.

But that was earlier- have we confirmed that Joe practiced and is probable?

How do you know he can do that? It sounds like every time he takes the field, he has a hard time being able to run properly. He tore his groin.

I really do not know if he can . But 2 and 4th quarter play would help the pressure on our line . I think , just thowing out there. The Bears respect Horn, Allot. Look at their forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom