Should Mickey Loomis force Goodell to suspend Kamara beginning of the season? (1 Viewer)

Sure. And how he gonna do that? I mean, sure Goodell's a notorious pushover and all.

Innocent until proven guilty. I know it doesn't look good but as of this moment in time he's innocent.

At the moment we haven't really heard AK's side of the story in any detail, and we don't know the likely strategy of the defence.
Unless the situation changes he is going to plead not guilty and has stated that the complainant started the altercation by getting physical with him and insulting one of his friends. He will probably point to the fact there were apparently women in the group and he may have believed Darnell Greene was either upsetting them or at worse a threat to their safety.
He apparently did not throw the first punch but is still alleged to have thrown 8 punches (I don't think he stomped on Mr Greene).

It's hardly an ideal situation but famous NFL players have walked free when facing far more severe accusations. :confused:
Either way it's a nasty situation.

Last edited:
DA and the Saints need to build a running game that can be productive without Kamara......now! Not knowing when he gets suspended dictates us, working on the assumption that Kamara could be lost at any time. Until we get clarification from the NFL, and we find out when and for how long a suspension.

We have to prepare our running game as if Kamara won't be there. We can not afford the luxury of thinking we can get by, till Kamara gets back. And just put a band aid on it!!!!!

I think we should let it play out and see how Kamara plays this year. If he doesn't play well, use the alleged crime to void his contract. If he looks like his younger self and is healthy, keep him.

It's easy to find RBs that play almost as well as Kamara, and their salaries need not be high.

Same thing happened with Ray Rice. Full video evidence and him punching his GF in an elevator. He was convicted of throwing that one punch and put into a diversion program and avoided jail time. But, these cases are not the same.

First off, let me say Kamara could skate on this. I would be surprised, but not shocked.

Let me tell you why Kamara is in the trick bag on this. The 2 things that enhance the charge in this case is 1.) They broke his eye ball socket (orbital socket) 2.) They beat him till he was unconscious. Both of these meet the standard for the charge. So, anything the vic did prior to the assault has nothing to do with the charge.

To further complicate his defense, police statements say the vic did not even throw one punch, before the beat down. And if police statements are to be believed, its all on video.

You want to force Goodell to suspend Kamara for the first few games of the schedule?
The first three games of which happen to be half of our conference schedule?

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the reason we're playing 3 conference games right out of the gate is so Goodell can suspend Kamara for our first 3 conference games of the year.

Force Goodell to "suspend Kamara for the beginning of the season?"
More like "try to stop him."

I'm just hoping he doesn't go to jail, if I'm being honest... šŸ˜„
That is not an unrealistic comment. He could easily get 3-6 months incarceration plus probation for this assault if convicted. Probation only is probably likely but I wonā€™t be surprised if he and his co defendants get some jail time with the video evidence on record.

I'm thinking "Louie" did go to law school... a time or two to utilize the indoor plumbing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom