Should our Defense be nicknamed the Tank (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
All good teams have good nicknames and they have to be MOD EDIT: profanity AMH names too. The Steel Curtain, Doomsday Defense, the Dome Patrol, the Gang Green, and now the Tank Defense of the 2006 New Orleans Saints. We had a good defense , thats for sure, and its dogged for sure, but why not have a good nickname too, one that stands out?

Thats why I suggest the Tank moniker, we have a lot of big guys up front like Will Smith, Charles Grat, the real tank of the Defense Hollis Thomas, so why not name it after a tank vehicle that just runs over everybody, a tank is powerful, and has a powerful punch, and blows up everything in its way.

Bottom line the Saints have a good team now and deserve maybe a nickname, they have that moniker now IMHO.

How about it, guys?

Do you like the Tank Defense if it gets applied to the way we play and our Defense especially?

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The defense already has someone nicknamed Tank. Hollis Thomas. I'm not sure naming the whole thing something that someone is already named would work out so great. Nickname threads. :(

Pulls up a chair... Popcorn anyone?

You dont like the nickname Chop?

Why not we have a Top 10 Defense right now?

Let get that tough *** nickname, and since I like tough names and tough thing like tanks, let use the tank moniker

Let get that tough *** nickname, and since I like tough names and tough thing like tanks, let use the tank moniker

It's not the name, but the fact that it seems we need a nickname for everything that gets on most people's nerves. I wouldn't mind a nickname for the D, but I think that it needs to be earned over a much longer time.. I don't know for sure because it was well before my time, but I would think the Steel Curtain name didn't come about after 8 games.

I could be wrong though

All good teams have good nicknames and they have to be kickass names too. The Steel Curtain, Doomsday Defense, the Dome Patrol, the Gang Green, and now the Tank Defense of the 2006 New Orleans Saints. We had a good defense , thats for sure, and its dogged for sure, but why not have a good nickname too, one that stands out?

Thats why I suggest the Tank moniker, we have a lot of big guys up front like Will Smith, Charles Grat, the real tank of the Defense Hollis Thomas, so why not name it after a tank vehicle that just runs over everybody, a tank is powerful, and has a powerful punch, and blows up everything in its way.

Bottom line the Saints have a good team now and deserve maybe a nickname, they have that moniker now IMHO.

How about it, guys?

Do you like the Tank Defense if it gets applied to the way we play and our Defense especially?

Tell me what you think.
Nicknames of this sort happen organically. If they deserve a nickname....it will happen. Right now thier nickname is "overlooked", which leads to thier other nickname......."nowhere near being nicknamed".

It's not the name, but the fact that it seems we need a nickname for everything that gets on most people's nerves. I wouldn't mind a nickname for the D, but I think that it needs to be earned over a much longer time.. I don't know for sure because it was well before my time, but I would think the Steel Curtain name didn't come about after 8 games.

I could be wrong though
I second that, and I don't think that a nickname happens for a D that has yet to exhibit it's first dominating performance either. (aside from the home opener of course.....dominance has to be consistant to be nickname worthy)

Well, keep the 2000 Saints had a nickname the Swamp Dogs, and that was only one season you know, but we had a great defesne that year, we had a guy on the team who had 17 sacks and all of our D-linemen had 10 sacks each, thats rare you know to have 4 guys on your D-line to have 10 sacks each, and three of them got voted into the 2000 Pro Bowl, which is also rare.

We had a good defense that yea, and we have a good one this year too.
Lets give it a name man

I'm just really really tired of nickname threads. I dont think this D is deserving of a nickname and if it is we wont be the ones that give it to them. Out of all the 12,000 nickname threads on SR this season has a single 1 of them stuck? No and they never will. If anyone deserves a nickname someone will give it to him and it wont be anyone who posts on this board.

Okay, I am also going to have to go with NO NICKNAME. Look, you said it we have a top 10 defense RIGHT NOW. We still have 8 games to go, can we please get to the playoffs and out of the first round and then maybe, just maybe we can start one single nickname thread and we can all give our input on it or against and take a vote or something. When I go to sleep I have nightmares of the leprachauns and clowns that are asking me to give them a nickname. Let's discuss some "foozeball" people.

God I would hate to be ON a defense nicknamed tank.....what kind of fuel would that give a talker like chad johnson.

God I would hate to be ON a defense nicknamed tank.....what kind of fuel would that give a talker like chad johnson.

I am going to imagine something like...

Reporter: What are you going to do this week against the Saints?

Chad: Well I don't have to do anything they already have sugar in their tank, they are soft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom