Should Players Lose Starting Position Due To Injury? (1 Viewer)

Should an injured starter automatically be guaranteed his job after recovering from an injury?

• Total voters
if starters never lost their jobs due to injury, tom brady would have never lead the pats to three championshps

if starters never lost their jobs due to injury, tom brady would have never lead the pats to three championshps

please see post from 67 before yours. Now I wonder if they wish they kept Matt Cassell b/c Brady don't look like Brady anymore. I know its only two games but the analyst and pundit are sticking a dagger in New England while we can't get any love. Fickle game or should i say fickle media.

If the backup is performing at an equal level then I would give the starter his job back although the backup would see an increase in playing time. If the backup is playing at a higher level than the starter was then I would keep the backup in.

Think the pats should have put Brady back on the bench a few years ago? You go with "the best chance to win" PERIOD!!!

Ask New England if Tom Brady should be their quarterback or if they should have handed it back to Bledsoe. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game and are a way for back ups to get game time experience to prove themselves. Nothing is, or should be, guaranteed.

Exactly.....like in our case Aaron Brooks should never had gotten the job from an injured Jeff Blake. Blake should have been given another chance because all though aged he clearly outplayed Brooks on a consistant basis.

If they perform the same then put in the younger player or the one with the smaller contract

its not up to an injured player to lose a position.....its up to the backup to take that job from them

ever hear the saying "to be the champ you have to beat the champ" the same applies here

you have to show that you have earned the starting spot and that you will continue to excel even after the former starter returns to health

for example....IMO mike bell has won the starting job....PT sure as hell didnt lose it.....but bell has been ripping defenses up lately.....of course now he is injured so the tides may have turned already

I thingk the bak-up shud kiip the job

Sined,
Kevin Kolb

I think Bell is a better runner and should keep the job. I know people will say that PT is a better receiver but we have Bush to do that for us. Bell's only problem in his previous two stops was fumbles. I think if he gets that corrected he can be a very special RB for us.

Why cant we use all of them, this is a team sport with everybody on the team has the same objective to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom