• legalize it

Votes: 109 70.8%
  • hell no

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 18 11.7%

• Total voters
legalize it.
We could tax it, create jobs, free nonviolent prisoners, cut government cost that is spent trying to prevent weed. The pros are > the cons..
Plus, I just hate the propaganda that our government has fed our country, making pot seem like the devil..

legalize it.
We could tax it, create jobs, free nonviolent prisoners, cut government cost that is spent trying to prevent weed. The pros are > the cons..
Plus, I just hate the propaganda that our government has fed our country, making pot seem like the devil..

Dude,

Are you seriously going to criticize our government for spreading propaganda and restricting civil rights while you have a picture of V.I. Lenin as your avatar?

Please go out and buy a copy of Ayn Rand's "We The Living" and start reading it today.

Our government does some idiotic things in the name of law and order and restricts freedom far too often, including the picking and choosing of what is and is not legal, but it's not even in the same league as Soviet Russia.

Dude,

Are you seriously going to criticize our government for spreading propaganda and restricting civil rights while you have a picture of V.I. Lenin as your avatar?

Please go out and buy a copy of Ayn Rand's "We The Living" and start reading it today.

Our government does some idiotic things in the name of law and order and restricts freedom far too often, including the picking and choosing of what is and is not legal, but it's not even in the same league as Soviet Russia.

:hihi: Does this qualify as iRany?

Propagandist.

When it comes to Ms. Rand, no doubt.:hihi:

By the way, my google search for an Ayn Rand avatar revealed that apparently Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are big Ayn Rand fans. There is talk of a movie version of "Atlas Shrugged" with Jolie playing Dagney Taggert. Also, Brad Pitt apparently would like to do a movie version of "The Fountainhead".

If it's even possible, I'm even more attracted to Jolie now.:mwink:

Dude,

haha the avatar is a joke man........

But you have already rendered your argument completely irrelevant. Did you smoke a cigarette before you smoked pot? Did you tell a lie? Did you drink an underage beer? Did you sneak a cookie at a time you were not supposed to? Most people would answer yes to all of these questions. So pot is now the gateway drug? Does that mean masturbating is the gateway to intercourse? Or is it biology? Or are we on that track from the moment we are conceived? You can't make a realistic gateway argument except to say that as probably the least harmful of any illegal drug - and probably the most readily available - kids would normally try pot before they try other things. They used to tell us that drugs = death. Kids knew better than to buy into that. And when one thing felt good, they might try another and so on (possibly dangerous). But that's a choice, it's got nothing to do with marijuana itself. Marijuana doesn't sit on your shoulder and whisper into your ear to try some acid, pills, heroin or crack cocaine. You make that choice.

TPS

While I agree with what you are saying, there have been some pretty strong arguments that suggest that the illegality of pot makes it a gateway. The logic is that if you could just pick it up at the grocery then you wouldn't have to sit with your dealer and smoke some, then listen to his pitch about other stuff he has that is potentially much more addictive. As a salesman, he would much rather you need his product than just want it. You also have the danger of additives due to the uncontrolled handling of the product.

While I agree with what you are saying, there have been some pretty strong arguments that suggest that the illegality of pot makes it a gateway. The logic is that if you could just pick it up at the grocery then you wouldn't have to sit with your dealer and smoke some, then listen to his pitch about other stuff he has that is potentially much more addictive. As a salesman, he would much rather you need his product than just want it. You also have the danger of additives due to the uncontrolled handling of the product.

that logic is flawed by assuming that all pot dealers sell other drugs.....which is just simply not true

No thanks, I think pot contain carcinogens. I'm already addicted to enough bad things, thank you.

that logic is flawed by assuming that all pot dealers sell other drugs.....which is just simply not true

It is flawed, but only if you interpret it as an absolute. And I'm sure there are also plenty of dealers that simply wouldn't try to push anything else on their clients. I just brought it up to provide an example of a situation where not the drug, but the circumstances around it may lead to other experimentation.

It is flawed, but only if you interpret it as an absolute. And I'm sure there are also plenty of dealers that simply wouldn't try to push anything else on their clients. I just brought it up to provide an example of a situation where not the drug, but the circumstances around it may lead to other experimentation.

it could also lead to broccoli consumption.....what if your dealer grows broccoli, and gives you some every time you buy pot from him??

like you said, it's the circumstances, not the drug that lead to the use of broccoli, or harder drugs :hihi:

it could also lead to broccoli consumption.....what if your dealer grows broccoli, and gives you some every time you buy pot from him??

like you said, it's the circumstances, not the drug that lead to the use of broccoli, or harder drugs :hihi:

As long as it isn't broccoflower. That stuff is harsh. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom