Should rape justify death penalty? (1 Viewer)

Should rape justify the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters
BULL!

A girl as young as 14 can consent to anyone having sex with her.

As DD pointed out, there's some variation across states, but what you're claiming isn't the case in Louisiana (unless the law has recently changed). More than a 2 year age difference below the age of 18 and the older person can be looking at a statutory rape charge.

I'm against the death penalty but I'd favor life sentences without probation or parole for serious sex offenses -- certainly for those crimes involving children.

lol, i worked in a club in houston, the manager got charged and done time for rape.. because the girl was into it, and then her boyfriend showed up at the club... while in the act....

Wow. SHE should get the death penalty.

As DD pointed out, there's some variation across states, but what you're claiming isn't the case in Louisiana (unless the law has recently changed). More than a 2 year age difference below the age of 18 and the older person can be looking at a statutory rape charge.

I'm against the death penalty but I'd favor life sentences without probation or parole for serious sex offenses -- certainly for those crimes involving children.

I was responding to a post which was saying a person under age cannot consent to having sex with someone who's older. All I was saying is a girl as young as 14 can want to have sex and consent, although it's not legal in this country it is in others.

if it were these cases of the teachers going to jail for having sex with teenage boys wouldn't require jail time. Which should be done, these teachers should be fired and never allowed to teach again but not go to jail. It's kinda silly

Got to this thread late, sorry, but here's my 2 cents.

As a proponent of the death penalty, I believe it should be used only in the instance to protect the public from an individual who is beyond rehabilitation and is proven to be a prospective danger to the rest of us, especially within the possibility of repeating his/her capital offense.

Whereas I agree rape is a monstrous offense, I just cannot see state sanctioned death as a weapon against. To me this might be used as a sounding board to bring the death penalty to increasingly less worthy offenses. We need to reserve this punishment as a final and irreversible decision for those convicted of the most horrific crimes.

Yeah, rape is vile, although I feel it is far too easily sentenced. I hope I didn't step on any toes here.

Death penalty for rape? Naw...just throw all the rapist in a cell block together and let them rape each other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom