Should rape justify death penalty? (2 Viewers)

Should rape justify the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters
This thread should be very illuminating.

a number of posters are going to embarass the living **** out of themselves and never have a clue about it, but that's OK.

Any sort of rape, not just the rape of a child. There's a case in Louisiana that's going to court over the conviction of a man who's been sentenced to death because he raped a girl (can't remember if it was a little girl or woman).

So, I ask you, does rape justify being put to death?

No, not in my opinion. I think the case you are referring to involved the statutory rape of a child (8 years old). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in Louisiana the rape of a child 12 YO and younger is a capital offense. But again, I don't think the death penalty is appropriate.

This thread should be very illuminating.

a number of posters are going to embarass the living **** out of themselves and never have a clue about it, but that's OK.

This thread is useless without pictures?:idunno:

Louisiana, for the record, is the only state where the death penalty is an option for first offender rapists (has to be a certain kind, aggravated or something.) I want to say there are 3 other states that allow it period, and its always for repeat offenders.

There are no loopholes to statutory rape. In Texas if both parties are within a few years then it's not statutory rape. However, even if the female is in a 21 and older club and shows you a false ID that looks real that shows she is over 21 and it turns out she isn't, you are done. Statutory rape (consensual doesn't matter) is still rape. Do I think it should be punishable by death, no. Is it hard to prove or disprove, you bet ya.

I think that rape is unique in that it requires so little proof to lead to a conviction. I am far from an expert, so I am hoping that someone steps in here and tells me what an insensitive prick I am. I do have two women in the house, so I do consider myself to be the guardian of the house and womenfolk.

If a woman accuses a guy of rape and takes it far enough, it's his word against hers. A guy can be bullied into taking a plea to stay out of jail for something he didn't do or worse yet, be perceived guilty by a jury. I could easily see myself leaning to guilty if the guy is a creep and the woman's lawyer is especially adept at pointing this out. I like to pride myself on not being a sheep, but this is certainly a weakness of mine being the only man of the house.

Couple this with the fact that many people are convicted because they can't afford a decent attorney to fight charges and you have a huge, NO from me.

I doubt this scenario happens very often, but can you imagine if it happened to you?

I put no simply because there are many different levels of rape, it is one of the most difficult to clearly prove and there are a lot of false rape reports every year.

I violent rape caught on video tape or with several reliable witnesses then yeah the death penalty is good with me.

With a murder you have a dead body, with a rape case you usually have he said she said. With a child or mentally challenged person you have an abused child that doesn't have the ability to give consent and the line is much clearer. With two adults that went out on a date involved with large amounts of alcohol or drugs the line is about as blurry the drive home.

Death penalty for aggravated rape, sexual battery. Period. Not for consensual sex between an adult and a minor. Death penalty for sex with minors under the age of twelve.

Death penalty for aggravated rape, sexual battery. Period. Not for consensual sex between an adult and a minor. Death penalty for sex with minors under the age of twelve.

Why?

In the military or least in the U.S Army rape is punishable by death. I don't ever recall a case being prosecuted that way though.

None that I recall either back in the day. And we had some bad ones. But what was interesting was the attitude the Germans had about rape. It just wasn't as big a deal to them. In cases where the accused GI could be tried either in German court or in US military court, they were glad to turn it over to us because the jail time was likely to be much longer. There average sentence in Germany for rape was much shorter than you would see in a US civilian or military court.

Stachatory, yeah but isn't there a loophole where if you're within 2 years (age difference) they can't charge you with rape?

"rape" is an anagram for something:

pear-frenchbutter.jpg

There's only one kind of rape..The forceful and unwanted kind.

Not according to LA law. Off the top of my head there are statutory rape, rape and aggravated rape. There may be more, but I don't recall.

As for the topic, a lynch mob should be called for any rape charge besides statutory rape, which both the man/boy and woman/girl consented, but one or the other is under the age of consent. Why the distinction? Because the idea that a minor can not consent is a legal fiction and I don't think a legal fiction should be used to execute someone.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom