Should Saints place Drew Brees on IR (Miss minimum of 3 games) (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
No one wants Brees back in the lineup more than me. Getting the #1 seed is of the upmost importance because it carries a first round bye which I think is huge given how large the field of contenders are in the NFC.

However, over the next couple of games I'm worried about the QB position if Brees isn't placed on IR. Assuming it is Jameis Winston who starts, there are a bunch of people who think Taysom Hill's role will expand and I just don't agree or see it that way. It makes sense in the notion of asserting more of Taysom's abilities to throw off the opponent. But you also risk injury and then leaving the team void of another QB. Remember, when Brees was out last season and Bridgewater played, you actually saw less of Taysom because of the very point I'm making.

I'm sure the Saints will make the right decision and with the IR rules for this season being the way they are I just think it makes too much sense not to do it.

Brees knows how his body better than anyone, his doctors will monitor his recovery regardless of outside input, Payton and his staff will have the most information around the situation.

I'll be patient and trust them to make the right call. I don't have the necessary information to demand a particular result. The only thing I can predict is that when they think he's ready, he'll play. At the moment it sounds like 2 weeks is a possibility so they don't want to put him on IR. Maybe it takes longer but for now, it is what it is.

Last edited:
He'll be good enough to go for the playoffs. No way he wants to ride off into the sunset wearing a flak jacket. The horse will much more comfortable wearing a second ring, potentially ;)

It's also an increasingly safe bet to say we won't see as much of Winston this year as we did Bridgewater last year.

I think they’re going to take it week by week.

I think that is best to play it week to week. A 3 week IR prevents him from coming back. Brees at 80 percent us better than any current QB not named Mahomes

This would be good to do it
Imo. It’ll prevent him from trying to come back too early. We need Brees as healthy as possible going into the postseason.

if he feels ready to play in two weeks, then I will feel comfortable with him playing in 3 to 4 lol. I mean, his ribs cracked more with a flak jacket on. So are they going to say "we think he is good to go and he can wear this flak jacket to be sure" lol

obviously I'm ok with whatever his med team says. All I'm saying is that if he is out there taking hits in two weeks, I will be the one breathing like I have a punctured lung.

Last edited:
They will make the right call between the Dr's. Coach Payton and Brees himself as to when he is ready to come back. I don't see Coach rushing him back unless we totally collapse over the next two games - that I don't see happening. Remember he also has had shoulder issues and this time should also help with that rehab.

What is this even supposed to mean?

He's apparently missing at least 2 games, IR means he misses at least 3.

Resting him an extra week when he clearly has multiple injuries isn't exactly an idiotic idea...... particularly when the schedule is Atlanta/Denver/Atlanta.

I get the impression many think Atlanta and Denver will just rollover on us and we can put anyone at QB and still win. I believe the Saints have a much better chance beating any team with Drew at QB so the sooner he’s healthy enough to play is when he should be back. Right now the Saints and Drew seem to think that would be for the second Atlanta game. It’s not our decision like some what to believe.

I'd rather see them put him on IR for 3 games. The team really, REALLY needs him at 100% come playoff time, and 3 weeks isn't the end of the world. I think we can beat Denver and maybe split with Atlanta without Drew, so....they'd still be in good shape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom