Should Saints trade Bridgewater to Colts? (1 Viewer)

I'd send him to the colts for anything to drop the cap space. He's not our solution for the future. He doesn't have the natural ability to stand in the pocket and either move, withstand or throw it quickly. You have to have one of those to be an NFL starter. Right now he looks like a backup QB. His accuracy is also questionable. I rate his arm strength as pretty good and he can probably read a defense but there's just not that much to work with. He'd need a clean pocket for every throw.
He threw for over 100 yds tonight with horrible protection

It’s not gonna happen unless we get an offer we can’t refuse which likely isn’t gonna happen IMO. If we thought we may possibly move Teddy if he had a great preseason, we would of had a 4th QB on the roster. Taysom is a weapon and part of this offense. He wouldn’t be as the main backup QB. We would need another QB on the roster for sure and we don’t have one. This offense is too complex to just pick someone off the street to be the backup we would need to keep Taysom in his regular role.

Hellye..."IF" Indy was willing to give up a 1st or 2nd RDer for him. But let's be real, Indy's not giving up a 1st or 2nd RDer for Teddy. No one is. Shoot, Teddy prob wouldnt even pull a 3rd or 4th RD pick at this stage of the season. What's more, and most importantly, I dont think we'd trade him any ways, regardless of any one offered us.

I'd send him to the colts for anything to drop the cap space. He's not our solution for the future. He doesn't have the natural ability to stand in the pocket and either move, withstand or throw it quickly. You have to have one of those to be an NFL starter. Right now he looks like a backup QB. His accuracy is also questionable. I rate his arm strength as pretty good and he can probably read a defense but there's just not that much to work with. He'd need a clean pocket for every throw.

He’s just not very good. He’s the black version of the Mccown brothers. Washington needs Teddy too.

WOW. That's a great question. I don't really know. I guess it depends on what they would give.

On 26 attempts
Right. I thought he battled well considering the amount of pressure he was under. He had a couple drops and some miscommunication with his receivers and a few off throws. I've seen great QB'S struggle when they were getting hit that much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom