Should Saints trade Bridgewater to Colts? (1 Viewer)

The hate some of you have for Teddy is telling. There are a handful of posters here that just like to bash him every chance they get. He is our backup QB right now and until that changes I support him 100%. However it works out for the future is still up in the air, but he is a Saint right now and is well respected by Drew, Coach the players and all the people that actually matter. Keep on with your bash fest though clowns... it's pathetic.

No one is trading anything of value for Bridgewater. The only team that thought about signing him in the off-season was Miami. There was a reason for that. He’s more valuable to us bc of the way we use Hill. If he’s gone then Hill stands on the sideline holding a clip board. That doesn’t make us better. I’m not a Teddy fan but he makes us better bc we can keep using Hill as a slash type player with him on the team. Unless someone gives you a first, and that’s not even close to happening, then he stays here this year. He plays out his one year deal and next year he’s off to backup somewhere else. My guess is he’s either out of the league in 2 years or he is a lifer as a journeyman backup. Either way I don’t see him on this team after this year.

Last edited:
No one is trading anything of value for Bridgewater. The only team that thought about signing him in the off-season was Miami. There was a reason for that. He’s more valuable to us bc of the way we use Hill. If he’s gone then Hill stands on the sideline holding a clip board. That doesn’t make us better. I’m not a Teddy fan but he makes us better bc we can keep using Hill as a slash type player with him on the team. Unless someone gives you a first, and that’s not even close to happening, then he stays here this year. He plays out his one year deal and next year he’s off to backup somewhere else. My guess is he’s either out of the league in 2 years or he is a lifer as a journeyman backup. Either way I don’t see him on this team after this year.

Yup

In fact I’d be willing to bet that any team that calls for a QB, it’s Hill not Teddy they are calling about and willing to offer anything of value for
Absolutely. Fact is we all know Taysom is off limits. He plays 8 positions, too valuable to part with. I bet we could get a 5th for Teddy. Washington and Indy both need a QB bad. I’d hate to lose Taysom on all the other plays he’s utilized in with his 8 positions. However he’s looked as good passing as he did while I watched him at BYU. The game seems to have slowed down for him like he made it look at BYU. Teddy is an ok QB. I think he has unfortunately regressed. He doesn’t have that for you must have. He reminds me of a less enthusiastic AB as in Aaron Brooks right now. It is what it is. Some of you can pretend he’s showing great promise but you don’t even believe that. He has one more game to show if he’s worth 12 mill. I think we should take a 5th if Washington or Indy offers it. If they offer a 4th Loomis won’t blink.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they went 4-12.

All the reason not to trade for another QB. Go 4-12 again, likely end up with the #1 overall pick and have pick of the litter on the QB you want in the 2020 Draft and try not to run that one into the ground behind shoddy O-Line play like they did to Luck for the first 5-6 years of his career.

I didn’t realize all the Teddy haters on this board. I still have some confidence in the kid. I don’t care who you are, replacing a legend is gonna be extremely tough. I don’t know what you guys expected. Has the guy even thrown 100 balls in a Saints uniform for crying out loud? I know I’ve only seen him play in 4 games and that’s mostly without Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Jared Cook, Ted Ginn, and the starting offensive line intact. I will reserve judgment until I see more of him with the starters in a meaningful game that those guys are trying their hardest to win.

Was thinking the Saints may be able to get value cause the Colts lost Luck.

Why would they do that? Brissett has way more value than TB. They turned down teams that offered 2nd round picks for the guy around the draft.

Make the trade, get what we can, but also make sure we get he rights to Luck as well. When Luck returns in a year or two we will have our replacement for Drew.

I disagree. Bridgewater is not making this team any better. He costs a lot for “holding the clip board”. You wanting to keep Teddy so we can use Hill for some trick plays every 15 downs is silly.

As we have seen Taysom has shown us the ability to throw the ball, learn, and grow. He’s more than a wildcat type QB. He should be on the sideline as he is a back up QB! If you want to bring him in for WR/RB WHATEVER then do it.

I would even be open to getting a third QB to replace Bridgewater if he was traded. It’s highly unlikely Teddy is traded but fun to think about.

I think Hill has shown so much potential he shouldn’t even be on special teams. He should be 2nd string QB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom