Should Saints trade Bridgewater to Colts? (1 Viewer)

You know what Bridgewater and Young have in common? Injuries... except Young lasted a few seasons longer on the field than Bridgewater. I doubt the Jets will consider him a solution.

Why the hate for Taysom? You making a sideways comment about Taysom being a running QB, identifies some hidden point. What is it?

Not one Saints report member, has stated they hate Teddy! Whereas the members that believe Teddy is the heir apparent to Drew, would prefer to callout fellow fans that do not believe in Teddy as the heir apparent; haters!

Not sideways at all. He is indeed a running QB. My observation is based off of pass running QBs that have been discussed on SR. This board has historically disliked running QBs with the reason given being that they get injured, they're looking to run first instead of pass, they can't win long term, etc. While I think many are shortsighted when it comes to Teddy, it's nice to see opinions have changed regarding running QBs. Hill is 29. Even if he becomes the Saints successor, we will be drafting a QB in the near future. Glad to see we're past those ideas about Running QBs.

I dont know about either of these guys being the heir apparent at 26 and 29. I do know that Teddy is a solid backup and people act like he's been horrible. He hasn't. He's played well with our 2nd unit which makes me feel comfortable that he'd play very well with our starters. I see a lot of this as irrational hating. I understand criticism aimed at Marcus Williams or Peat or Robinson. They've had some rough spots in games this off season. I can't say that Teddy hasn't been what he's here to do...be a steady back up.

I can't say that Teddy hasn't been what he's here to do...be a steady back up.

Not sure everyone on this board wouldn’t agree with you that he’s a steady backup. The issue most have is that is not what he was/is being billed as. He was brought here, to be Drew’s successor, and that’s what people question...whether he’s a legit starter.

At the end of last preseason I would’ve said no, but he’s the next best we have. After three games this preseason I think Hill is the next best QB we have. I think TB missed his window, at least with us.

It’s not time to trade Teddy yet. You really need to wait until a team is in dire need of a QB to make his worth go up! We have until the trade deadline to think about it and see what happens!

Do u think they will tank for the kid from Clemson?

They wouldn’t. As others have mentioned, Bridgewater is equal to or less than Brisset.

People who think we could get more than 5th for TB are trippin
I dont think the Saints can get anything for him right now. I'm even starting to question the Saints decision to give up a 3rd rounder for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom