Should Saints trade down in first round? (1 Viewer)

Should Saints trade down in first round?

• Yes (unconditionally)

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Yes, unless a player falls to us we didn't expect to be there

Votes: 71 66.4%
  • No, get the best player possible and move on

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
I think we should try to work out a plan to get back a 2nd round pick.

I don't think there is a big difference between a player at the 15th spot vs the 28th spot. It all starts to become a crap shoot at that point.

Triplette and others have said several times that the Saints won't make that determination until the day of the draft. Depending on how the players fall off the board, they'll decide to stay put or look for a partner. All that said, since the Saints don't even know what they're going to do, our speculation is in vain.

Triplette and others have said several times that the Saints won't make that determination until the day of the draft. Depending on how the players fall off the board, they'll decide to stay put or look for a partner. All that said, since the Saints don't even know what they're going to do, our speculation is in vain.

What else do you think we should do on a message board if we shouldn't speculate? :idunno:

I've been trying to see how many picks the Vikings have now.

They have no WRs now. They'll sign someone in FA but what happens if somebody is there when we're on the clock and they call?

I'd like to go back and recoup that pick, but our history is trading up more than back so I'm not too optimistic.

Already been discussed ad nauseum and we've had polls now in the double figures about trading down.

I've been trying to see how many picks the Vikings have now.

They have no WRs now. They'll sign someone in FA but what happens if somebody is there when we're on the clock and they call?

I'd like to go back and recoup that pick, but our history is trading up more than back so I'm not too optimistic.

But I think you're on the right track. IF our guy isnt there, AND he's there at 15, I think the Vikes would trade up for Tavon Austin, maybe the best WR in the draft. I'd take their #23 and 2nd rd pick (#52?).

You get that 2nd rd pick back and good shot at a really good player at 23.

But I think you're on the right track. IF our guy isnt there, AND he's there at 15, I think the Vikes would trade up for Tavon Austin, maybe the best WR in the draft. I'd take their #23 and 2nd rd pick (#52?).

You get that 2nd rd pick back and good shot at a really good player at 23.

Absolutely...When you get a team loaded up on picks like that they're not as afraid to move up: re; us and Jonathon Sullivan. Not that I want to bring up nightmares like that, but that's the kind of thing that could work to our favor this year.

do a ditka, and trade all the picks to baltimore, and get ed reed.......ah heeeeeee

Attachments

• Saints%20Rebel%20Flag.jpg
    Saints%20Rebel%20Flag.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 106
What else do you think we should do on a message board if we shouldn't speculate? :idunno:

Well, it's like saying 'Next month on your trip to Vegas, in your 3rd hand of Blackjack, should you stay or should you hit.' You can't possibly answer till you're in that moment, know the specifics of the situation, and weigh the possibilities. You could give Sean Payton Sodium Penothal and ask him this question, and even he couldn't give you an answer. So why ask a bunch of random peeps on the internet?

It would be different if the OP asked, 'do you think they will trade down.'

Already been discussed ad nauseum and we've had polls now in the double figures about trading down.

seriously, you're saying we have had, at a minimum, 10 polls put up about the 2013 draft and whether we should trade down or not?

if we dont sign nhamdi or keenan lewis i say we trade down and take desmond trufant

But of course this isnt predecided, the saints like every other team will see if a player they overvalue is there, if so take him, if not see what offers they get, if they dont like any they will take BPA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom