Should Saints Trade for Johnson? (1 Viewer)

What compensation would you give for Derrick Johnson?

• Total voters
We traded our 6th this year (as in the draft that already happened) for Adrian Arrington. We traded our 5th next year and our 7th this year for Morstead. That leaves us with our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th in next years draft (the one coming up).

You did better explaining than me, thanks

I voted against trading anything.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Not a bad quote, but there is a good chance that it is broke (Fujita's injury). Hopefully he'll be back soon but if he's not we have a real depth problem at SLB.

I would be all for that trade, any upgrade at linebacker will only make this defense better than what we are now....

I'd love Derrick Johnson. He's young fast, rangy and can play at both WLB or SLB. If Fujita is out for significant time, I'd be all for it. But i wouldnt give up any more than a 4th and a conditional.

We traded our 6th this year (as in the draft that already happened) for Adrian Arrington. We traded our 5th next year and our 7th this year for Morstead. That leaves us with our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th in next years draft (the one coming up).

I'd be embarrassed for my memory lapse if I weren't confident my Alzheimer's will relieve me of the need.............

I love Evans as a special teamer, but never really liked him in terms of depth. I like Dunbar and Mitchell for depth, but I imagine that a second round choice for Derrick Johnson would be better than any LB we can grab in the last half of round 2 last year. Though LBs can be found in rounds two and three, with Johnson, the staff knows exactly what they are getting and he is ready to play NOW. Starting calibur in a 43, coveted by many during the draft, and he really has made plays and performed well when in the 43, on a bad team. I don't know why the Cheifs are trying to give away all of their talent and make household changes, but I would much rather see Johnson as a Saint than as a Bear with their decimated LB corp. Why the Bears traded for Gaines Adams at DE instead really confuses me. To me, this move could be as cataylistic as trading for Vilma, and potentially as much of a steal.

Unless Fujita's injury is serios, I would not trade any draft choice for an LB at this point.
Now a draft choce (not a 1) and a backup player for Dorsey is a thought worth considering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom