Question Should Saints trade Jamis Winston to the Raiders? (1 Viewer)

What makes them think the raiders want him?
Good question. I doubt the talking heads asked themselves this question. This is a short sighted quick knee-jerk thought. “Jimmy G is injured, therefore the Raiders should inquire about Jamis.”

I don’t think talking heads think long term.

Right? Best QB situation for the team since 2020 and people can't wait to trash talk the guy who's the #2 again. Also the guy Carr has been raving about for helping him learn the offense faster than he probably could otherwise.
Didn't someone say we haven't had a QB with high football IQ since Brees? I thought Jameis has always been credited with great football IQ. Maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else.

Anything less than a 3rd I don’t think is worth it. If Carr let’s say had to miss a month I’d be comfortable with Jameis at least getting us 2-2 in that time period.

If we trade Jamies and the above happens, we’d be relying on our defense to be dominant every game.

Didn't someone say we haven't had a QB with high football IQ since Brees? I thought Jameis has always been credited with great football IQ. Maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else.
I was reading up on Jimbo Fisher's offense and saw that it was one of the more complex schemes in college football, even now.

He specifically mentioned former Heisman Trophy award winner Jameis Winston as a player that could handle the complexity.

"You can make it as complex as you want it," Fisher said.

"You can make it extremely complex. We’re not any more. With Jameis we did some things that were very complex, because he could handle those things. We don’t do a lot of those things when guys are young like that."
Skill set, football IQ, and athletic ability isn't his issue. If most were objective about assessment, it would be the need to play hero ball when things aren't going the way it feel he needs to. I mean crap, Brady couldn't finish a season running Bruce Arians' offense and Carson Palmer talked about how complex that offense was. But let everyone tell it, "pre-snap read" and "changing plays," when in reality, dude has been doing that in college in much more complex offenses.

Reading more about the E-P scheme and what Jameis ran with Jimbo, on top of the Raiders having Jacobs, Adams, and as it stands right now Renfrow, he is actually a better fit for that offense than Carr and they would probably be much better offensively. But he is good where he is now. Gotta heal up and all that good stuff.

Winston wasnt even practicing with the A team. He's suddenly finding himself in the the exact situation that Zach is. Give him some time. We have nothing to lose, anyway.

Ill be damned if that juiced- up, automatically annointed savior rookie does any better this season....

Last edited:
With this line, we may be counting the days until Haener is back from suspension.

What we do when the line gets him killed, I don’t know.

Winston wasnt even practicing with the A team. He's suddenly finding himself in the the exact situation that Zach is. Give him some time. We have nothing to lose, anyway. Ill be damned if that juiced- up, automatically annointed savior rookie does any better this season....
Lol Juiced up! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom