Question Should Saints trade Jamis Winston to the Raiders? (1 Viewer)

For those who feel we should trade Jameis, please name three (3) backups (including unsigned free agents ) among the other 31 teams who are as good or better.

If you can't name at least three, then you're admitting that the Saints CANNOT afford to trade him.

:gosaints:
Everyone has a price. If the price is a bag of chips…then you keep him

I'd be fine with it. Carr is a proven iron man. Should the worse happen, I'm fine with Taysom. Even better if Haener can seize the backup spot.

I'm limiting my expectations on what we'd get back. Maybe it could sweeten the pot for a bigger deal though.

Depends on type of preseason/TC Haener has. If Haener pushes the team to start giving him #2 snaps and he runs w/ it I dont see why a trade couldnt or shouldn’t happen.

If a competition isn’t forced then you keep Haener as your #3

$50 to SR says that Haener never makes an NFL start in a regular season game and wouldn't even suit up this year were it not for the new emergency QB rule.

1. Not sure JW's contract structure doesn't make trading him unduly punitive on our salary cap.
2. Editorial/opinion articles trying to speak unlikely trades into existence are ten a penny / a dime a dozen and almost always laughable.
3. The backup QB teams are actually looking to acquire is Davis Mills.

I was originally hesitant but having Taysom gives us flexibility. If the compensation is right there is no reason to keep him.

Right...though my week 2 is based on another team losing their QB1 in the preseason.
Yep. You can get a lot more for JW if a solid/playoff caliber team loses their starter during camp/early preseason as opposed to taking what might be offered by the Raiders now. And then you still have him if something bad happens to our guy in camp.

These type of post kind of make me laugh. So, if I have this right, we would trade our back up QB for a 2nd,3rd rd pick. Then start Ian Book (cough! Sorry I mean) Haener a 4th rd pick w/ -0- trade value in 2023. Another guy w/ no trade value Andy Dalton. Jamies healthy is a way better back up than Andy.

What could/would the Raiders possibly offer us, to screw up our back up situation. And sate the blood lust of the "anybody but jamies" crowd, trying to run him off?

I don't understand the folks bashing (perhaps too strong a word) where Jameis' is concerned.

Former #1 overall pick (because the talent IS there. Had a great rookie year (IIRC). Yes, he had 30 picks, but that was because he had to march to that idiot Arians' plan (even Brady was pooping the bed until mid season, when he did it his own way, after Bruce kept throwing him under the bus.) Eye surgery, a year behind Drew, and he came out of the gate at 5-2, with a VERY respectable TD/INT ratio. Then he got hurt and the season went down the drain. Even then, the guy stood by his teammates and cheered them on.

Value? A heck of a lot better than some of the picks I'm seeing.

Just want to say that I was NOT a fan of our hiring him. The whole eating W's thing, and poking Lattimore in the back of the helmet had me soured on his maturity. But he's EARNED my respect. If Carr gets hurt early, I wouldn't automatically assume that it's a lost season if Jameis has to take over. That's what the backup position is for.

Depends on type of preseason/TC Haener has. If Haener pushes the team to start giving him #2 snaps and he runs w/ it I dont see why a trade couldnt or shouldn’t happen.

If a competition isn’t forced then you keep Haener as your #3

$50 to SR says that Haener never makes an NFL start in a regular season game and wouldn't even suit up this year were it not for the new emergency QB rule.
I'll take it for $50., If our number 2 gets hurt and Haener is on the active roster I win, If hener starts a regular season game 1st snap i win If neither happen you win

I am a softy for certain players and to be honest I was not thrilled with the pickup of JW.
but he has proven to be an outstanding person on and off the field since coming on board. He has taken his share of the voodoo bad luck of the Saints and basically remained a Saint, even taking a pay cut to do so when we decided he was not going to be our number one QB.

what I would do is ask him what he would want in this case! If he said he did not want to play for the Raiders dumpster fire I would not consider it for any amount of trade value. He would know what would be the chances of that position being a true opportunity or a mistake in his career. If he wanted to take the chance of restarting his career there then I would seek a trade for Hunter but one that had the Raiders eating part of his salary to make it more comparable to the 4 million that JW would be paid.

I feel that JW has earned the respect of given a choice because we are a better team with him as a backup then without.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom