Question Should Saints trade Jamis Winston to the Raiders? (1 Viewer)

The Saints would have to "win" the trade to even consider it. Jameis is one of the best backups in the league, knows our system well, and is a fantastic team player/leader. You don't ship that off for fair value.

I'd be fine with it. Carr is a proven iron man. Should the worse happen, I'm fine with Taysom. Even better if Haener can seize the backup spot.

I'm limiting my expectations on what we'd get back. Maybe it could sweeten the pot for a bigger deal though.
If Winston lights it up in preseason a 3rd is possible.

They would have to overpay. And why would they?

Im curious if Saints would trade Taysom now that they are stocking up at TE position.

they have Krull, Johnson, James, and Moreau to go w/ Taysom. While also being relatively full at QB.

Taysom for Renfrow?
I laughed when I read that, but the more I thought about it, the more I think it would be a good trade for both teams.

We're a little shaky without Jameis but Carr is durable, and I don't think anything in the Pro game will take the kid by surprise. We're not really in SB run mode, but we can be ready next year.

They're tanking for the USC QB. Jameis would make them decent and win them a few games. I want Jameis to stay. Best backup in the league.

Winston could be moved to a Team in need of a veteran QB and Winston still sees himself as a starting caliber player and I do not think the Saints would keep him in this limited role knowing he has aspirations to become a starter again.

Too early to call...Lets get through week 2 of preseason without any injuries before we cash in our insurance plan.

Nice to see the correct answer as the 1st response! Right now, the answer is a hard no. But who knows what the preseason may hold...

If the FO’s actually considering trading Jameis, it’d be fair to him to trade him now so he can learn McDaniels’ or new team’s offense for all of July’s TC. That gives him a lot of time to settle into the playbook and gel with their receivers. Waiting until week 2 preseason in August wouldn’t be ideal if they knew all along that they’re going to make the move.

Keep JW…it’s going to be fun watching the Raidahs crawl to 3-14 this season. Imagine the son of Al Davis watching the Saints win with Carr and da Raidahs flopping around like a fat fish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom