Should Saints try 3-4 defense (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do we have the players needed to fit that scheme? If so why not try or experiment with going 3-4. Do you think it would be too big of an overhaul? If so, scrap my idea.

I don’t think so. I think another year in the DA system will reap growing results. Defense really hasn’t been the issue. Headed into FA and the draft, we can only get better

We would need a couple more additions, but our defense finally made huge progress the past two years. We probably shouldn’t mess with it. And I’m a huge 3-4 fan

3-4 defense would be successful if we had a Khalil Mack/Von Miller type player

The Saints would need at least another solid linebacker to make a 3-4 defense work.

I don’t think so. I could see us running some 3-4 packages perhaps but our base is still gonna be 4-3 and should be in my opinion. Our defense has been solid all year bar a few games. The only game they were terribly bad was the Tampa game.

We're finally getting into a groove with our current defense and you want to scrap it and start all over again?

My bad. I was just thinking how feasible it would be since we have speed at LBs(not AJ Klein) and Marcus Davenport. If not broke don’t fix it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom