Should Sedrick Ellis have been awarded a strip fumble on that goalline fiasco? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I mean what in the world was all of that nonsense about?? There was no pass interference the first time we stopped them!! Then when Big Sed stripped the ball what was the call?? Doesn't matter!!! That should have been the Saint's ball...:rant::rant::rant::angryrazz:

I mean what in the world was all of that nonsense about?? There was no pass interference the first time we stopped them!! Then when Big Sed stripped the ball what was the call?? Doesn't matter!!! That should have been the Saint's ball...:rant::rant::rant::angryrazz:
Not really... The play was over. Forward motion had stopped.

The referees said his forward progress had been stopped but they never showed a replay of it. I would like to see this again to see if they indeed blew the play dead. From the way it looked to me the referees decided after the strip that his forward progress had been stopped.

I was a lil ****** off because they said that forward progress was stoppped but the whistle hadn't been blown, so yes that should have been a fdumble.

But the refs were determined to make up for CJ's TD where they blew him out of bounds when (it looked like) he didn't step out.

It worked out in the end... me personally... I didn't think CJ stepped out, but oh well.

That play should have never even happened. The real questionable call was the "phantom flying elbow" right before it.

Not really... The play was over. Forward motion had stopped.

I've got 5 bucks that says had Smith backed out of the stopped pile and rolled around the end and into the endzone, it would have been called a touch down.
mb

Not only was forward motion stopped, but the RB knee was on the ground for about a full second before Ellis got the ball away. He was clearly down.

How did you see this? There is no way that you saw this live because there was a huge pile up and it happened so fast and they didn't show the replay in tv land.

Ellis had a monster game in case no else noticed. He was penetrating, disrupting, and was creating inside pressure despite being double teamed. And he was a big force in helping shut down the Lions run game.

I want to know why we got an unnecessary roughness penalty when one of our guys was walking off the field and his shoulder pads touched stafford.

I don't know if the runner was down or not because on TV I couldn't see anything more than a massive pile of bodies and Big Sed start running for endzone with the ball and there was no replay. It looked like the referees made something up on the fly.

I want to know why we got an unnecessary roughness penalty when one of our guys was walking off the field and his shoulder pads touched stafford.

This.

Or a personal foul for hitting a receiver's shoulder pads with a forearm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom