Should Sr.com have a MLB forum or board (1 Viewer)

The Pro Sports Forum is a good idea. Then maybe, maybe you won't have to deal with the posters who feel the need to add such stimulating comments such as, "basketball sucks" or "baseball is boring", etc.

yes, good point.

or perhaps a catch-all sports forum "Other Sports" or something: basically the Pro Sports idea but it could also include discussions about high school sports, or Olympics.

Basically a sports forum for everything sports that isn't in SSF, Hornets, LSU and College.

but I'd still support just a Pro Sports forum too.

Not a bad idea to just have an 'Every Other Sport' forum. I disagree though that MLB is limited for a whole forum. Would it really get any less traffic than the Music, Tech or Video Game Forum?

we could call it the EOS forum (every other sport).

Last edited:
Not a bad idea to just have an 'Every Other Sport' forum. I disagree though that MLB is limited for a whole forum. Would it really get any less traffic than the Music, Tech or Video Game Forum?

Yes I think it would get a lot less. Being a frequent poster in the VG board I can say that there is plenty of traffic in the VG board to have one. I don't post to much in Music but it looks like it keeps up well too. Actually I have never went to the tech board.

Maybe not an exclusive baseball forum, but an "Other Pro Sports" forum would be a good idea IMO. I mean, we have the SSF for discussion of the Saints and the NFL in general, we have the college board for college sports, and that leaves the EE for all other sports. Doesnt really seem like the best place for those discussions though.

Oh yeah, if you hate baseball, you hate America. :hihi:

Yes I think it would get a lot less. Being a frequent poster in the VG board I can say that there is plenty of traffic in the VG board to have one. I don't post to much in Music but it looks like it keeps up well too. Actually I have never went to the tech board.

For what it's worth, there were 18 posts so far today in the video game forum, 24 in the music forum, 14 in the Hornets forum and 8 in the tech forum. I'm sure a MLB forum could duplicate those numbers..

Last edited:
For what it's worth, there were 18 posts so far today in the video game forum, 24 in the music forum, 14 in the Hornets forum and 8 in the tech forum. I'm sure a MLB forum could duplicate those numbers..

There have probably been more posts than that today just in the couple of baseball threads floating near the top of the EE.....

What happens in November, December and January.

Really I could care less. I'm a baseball fan, but there usually isn't a lot of discussion around here about baseball even in the middle of the summer. Occasionally something makes major headlines in baseball and there is a big discussion about it, thats usually it.

Seriously there is nothing wrong with just starting an MLB thread. It's easy, and its a place for people to go who just want to talk about baseball.

What happens in November, December and January.

What happens to the Hornets board in the summer, or the fantasy football board in the spring?

I wouldn't mind an official thread, but it gets lost in all the of the political and news topics, especially this year with the election. I still think the Every Other Sport board is a great option.

What happens to the Hornets board in the summer, or the fantasy football board in the spring?

I wouldn't mind an official thread, but it gets lost in all the of the political and news topics, especially this year with the election. I still think the Every Other Sport board is a great option.

Well the reason why there is a Hornets board is that they are the New Orleans Hornets so it makes sense. It wouldn't make sense to have an NBA board if there wasn't a team in New Orleans. And with the FF Board...well this is a football message board first and foremost so that makes sense.

I also agree with you and the others on here about the Other Sports board. That would be a good idea.

I think we have a big enough group of basketball, baseball, boxing, nascar, hockey, etc. fans here that would make an EOS forum work.

My thoughts are...

Better an NFL board for all other NFL discussion and not cluttering the SSF. I also think that maybe there shuld be a

recipe/home improvment/ gardening type board...

Joe

Given the minimal respones to the current MLB threads, I don't think it's necessary. If NOLA had a pro team, then I'd say why not, but they don't and we shouldn't.

Well, technically the Zephyrs are a pro team.. they do get paid. I think one of the cool things about New Orleans not having a MLB team is the diversity of teams that the baseball fans on this board do follow. That would lead to some interesting trash talk once the races start heating up (except the NL East of course which will be a one-horse race). :)

Well, technically the Zephyrs are a pro team.. they do get paid. I think one of the cool things about New Orleans not having a MLB team is the diversity of teams that the baseball fans on this board do follow. That would lead to some interesting trash talk once the races start heating up (except the NL East of course which will be a one-horse race). :)

Heh, go search up the playoff threads from last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom